Play at plate

GPblue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3554 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

*i wasn't at game* passed ball. Runner comes in to score. Pitcher comes in to make a play. Runner avoids tag and attempts to touch the base. His hand touches only the black on the plate. Umpire does nothing until pitcher goes over and tags runner and calls him out. Is the runner out?

Black is not the plate.

On property maintained fields it should not be visible.

I would never tell the coach he just got the black though, just that he missed it.

If starts pointing out the marks highly visibly he's going to be gone.

• Like 2

Miss an out?-NOPE.

• “ Never pass up an opportunity to get an outâ€.- Umpire in Chief
  • “The more strikes and outs you call the closer you are to Miller Timeâ€.-Bigumpire
  • "Strikes and outs will get you home."-plateumpire 
  • “When in doubt, it’s an out†–Bigumpire

The black is part of the plate.

Nope.

What if the home team paints it white? Granted, the bevel should not be visible, but I've seen it painted white.

What if the home team paints part of the dirt surrounding the plate white?  What if the can leaks and there is a white line goign all the way back to the dugout?

What if the home team paints it white? Granted, the bevel should not be visible, but I've seen it painted white.

What if the home team paints part of the dirt surrounding the plate white?  ...

I have seen this ...but there was still not enough paint laid to mark the width of my KZ.

• Like 1

What if the home team paints part of the dirt surrounding the plate white?  ...

I have seen this ...but there was still not enough paint laid to mark the width of my KZ.

Right, that is marked with chalk on either side.

:smachhead:

• Like 1