New "best umpire ever" video... Oh god...

MikeSafari
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3555 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm utterly speechless. If that jackass was umpiring a game I was coaching in I don't know what I'd do. Enjoy the show? Laugh my ass off to his face while I called him a circus clown? Call his assigner to ensure he never works another game we are in? Get myself ejected so I don't have to endure that craziness and watch him making it all about him-a travesty of the game?

If he was my partner and I didn't know he did that crazy crap?

Walk off the field and call the assigner to cuss him out if he knew that jackass acted like that.

Please tell me that that was just an act.

I'm utterly speechless. If that jackass was umpiring a game I was coaching in I don't know what I'd do. Enjoy the show? Laugh my ass off to his face while I called him a circus clown? Call his assigner to ensure he never works another game we are in? Get myself ejected so I don't have to endure that craziness and watch him making it all about him-a travesty of the game?

If he was my partner and I didn't know he did that crazy crap?

Walk off the field and call the assigner to cuss him out if he knew that jackass acted like that.

Please tell me that that was just an act.

Come on Dave .... that's GOT TO BE STAGED!!  For the reasons above if nothing else!

If I ever am a uic later on in life i will show this video and make sure the other umpires know ill beat them over the head with a ball bag full of pennies if they do this

And we are to keep the game pure and stop any kind of mockery of the game.......smh! 

If I ever am a uic later on in life i will show this video and make sure the other umpires know ill beat them over the head with a ball bag full of pennies if they do this

And we are to keep the game pure and stop any kind of mockery of the game.......smh! if your talking about what i said i was kidding, if your talking about the video i agree

I've never seen people so iffed over mechanics. It's funny. K3s are your time to shine and I guarantee all of you look ridiculous to another umpire when you do yours.

No. Just. No. We are there to arbitrate the game, not make a spectacle of ourselves. The old adage "no one goes to a game to see the umpires" is remarkably true. Called third strikes should be called with more emphasis than the first two, but not at the expense of looking like a clown. I would challenge your "guarantee" remark, too. There is no need to look as if you are producing a musical comedy when ringing up a third strike. It's unnecessary, unbecoming of the position, and causes people to lump us in one big pile. I know that I have given you grief over your musical tastes, but in this instance, I am not giving you grief. You are wrong. How many MiLB or MLB umpires carry on those type of antics ? Zero.

• Like 1

I've never seen people so iffed over mechanics. It's funny. K3s are your time to shine and I guarantee all of you look ridiculous to another umpire when you do yours.

No. Just. No. We are there to arbitrate the game, not make a spectacle of ourselves. The old adage "no one goes to a game to see the umpires" is remarkably true. Called third strikes should be called with more emphasis than the first two, but not at the expense of looking like a clown. I would challenge your "guarantee" remark, too. There is no need to look as if you are producing a musical comedy when ringing up a third strike. It's unnecessary, unbecoming of the position, and causes people to lump us in one big pile. I know that I have given you grief over your musical tastes, but in this instance, I am not giving you grief. You are wrong. How many MiLB or MLB umpires carry on those type of antics ? Zero.Tom Hallion certainly makes a bigger show of himself than needed and so does Bob Davidson, Doug Eddings, Dan Iassogna, and Fieldin Culbreth. Besides that, I'm sure there are many guys in the MiLB who turn up the flair to ridiculous levels.

Yes, this guy went overboard.

No, it's not the end of the world.

I dont even have twitter. Lol

Twitter isn't the only social media to use hashtags. Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Vine, Facebook...

Greeeeaaat I sound like even more of a stuck up teenager than I actually am. *covers head*

I dont even have twitter. Lol

Twitter isn't the only social media to use hashtags. Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest, Vine, Facebook...

Greeeeaaat I sound like even more of a stuck up teenager than I actually am. *covers head*none of the above