What color undershirt with cream or black umpire shirt?

mbkcoach
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3543 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Somebody posted that you can find the best undershirts at target. They are right! Got red navy and black for 8 bucks each way better than ump attire undershirts!
why you get navy and red!!!

Go black!

Somebody posted that you can find the best undershirts at target. They are right! Got red navy and black for 8 bucks each way better than ump attire undershirts!

why you get navy and red!!!

Go black!

You won't go back.
  • Like 1

I've always heard you wear whatever the last sleeve stripe is.  So that's what I do.  

Black shirt = white undershirt 

Cream shirt = black undershirt 

Navy shirt = red undershirt

Light blue shirt (softball with navy piping) = navy undershirt 

Light Blue shirt (baseball with black color) = black undershirt

I would not consider any other color of shirt.

@umpire_scott - What about white under light blue? I've worn that before, but mostly use black under light blue.

FYI when I said I would not consider any other color of shirt I meant the jersey.  I generally wear the last strip color as my undershirt, but will also wear the shirt color as well (i.e. black under black, navy under navy, etc)

Easy solution - never wear navy.

Easy for you to say ....

Michigan requires Navy for HS, ...either Navy, or Softball powder (white/navy stripes) ....

It's terrible, but oh well......what can you do?

Easy solution - MOVE!

Easy obstacle - JOB!

Take this job and shove it

I ain't wearin' navy no more

LOL!!

Trust me, ... if I could, .........I certainly would!

But MOVING and risking what I have hear just to wear black when I umpire HS is silly ..................isn't it? :D

Very Silly I would say

• Like 1

One question though... Is it bad to wear nothing under your shirt?

I never leave the house without an undershirt. As I have taught my sons, a gentleman always wears an undershirt. But I always wear one, too...LOL. So you're saying that even though it's a gentlemanly practice, it's not restricted to gentlemen? :wave:

• Like 2

For the past two weekends I've worked day games in mid-90's heat and 80% + humidity. Let's just say it's very uncomfortable weather to be working plates.

I have two white with black collared and sleeve trim The Official's Choice shirts I bought back in 2008 just for the hot mid-day games of summer baseball. Partners love it. I usually wore a black underarmour TNP model wicking undershirt. For some reason I tried a white cotton t-shirt last weekend and continued with it this weekend and once I got a sweat going I was much, much cooler in the white cotton than I had ever been in black wicking material.

Just sayin'.

• Like 1

Our league does white undershirts. It's light, cool, and sanitary. And a pack of five runs like 10 bucks at Walmart.

Sanitary ? Other colors are unsanitary ?

Cotton generally cleans better than Under Armor type stuff. Any non-cotton undershirts I've had tend to not release all of the odor under the sleeves even after multiple washings.

Our league does white undershirts. It's light, cool, and sanitary. And a pack of five runs like 10 bucks at Walmart.

Cotton generally cleans better than Under Armor type stuff. Any non-cotton undershirts I've had tend to not release all of the odor under the sleeves even after multiple washings.

You must really put out some powerful odor! :wave:

Mine clean up just fine.

• Like 1

You must really put out some powerful odor! :wave:

Mine clean up just fine.

Being in the Marching 110 and a varsity cheerleader at Ohio University (not at the same time, but two years of each), OU has a Russell contract, so maybe it's just a problem with their products specifically.

And to clarify, it's more of my deodorant smell that remains, however my cotton shirts only smell of Tide!

• Like 1