Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3516 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Looking to buy some more undershirts for umpiring, i currently have three shirts which isn't adequate for umpiring 7 days a week. Our group requires undershirts that black and as I personal preference I want undershirts that WON'T get loose at the neck area. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have one under armor and love it, the only problem is paying $20 + for undershirts is quite expensive! however on the other hand ai purchased two Russell Athletic undershirts and I don't like them because they get too loose around the neck.

I have one under armor and love it, the only problem is paying $20 + for undershirts is quite expensive! however on the other hand ai purchased two Russell Athletic undershirts and I don't like them because they get too loose around the neck.

Go to TJMaxx, or Marshall's ........ you can find Nike Dri-Fits for $12.99!

McDavid turtle necks are fantastic.

Where do you get these? I've heard they're good but can't find them anywhere in Canada or somewhere online that ships here :(

I want these mock turtle necks too, however it seems as if a McDavid stopped making them

Go to TJMaxx, or Marshall's ........ you can find Nike Dri-Fits for $12.99!

If you can wait til they start rolling winter stuff out, you can get them for even less. Two years ago I got 4 shirts for $6.99 a piece.

@Big_Mac14 If you have an Academy Sports in your area, go there. I just finished two seasons using their private label BCP wicking t-shirts and they are great! Available in tight or loose fit. The neck is still tight and flat, no problems. The best thing is the cost ranges from $8.99 to $10.99 each.

Target stores ( at least in the so cal area) , carry "champion" brand athletic wear . Several styles of moisture wicking shirts in many colors , also socks , and compression shorts and tights . reasonable price's

marc

• 1 month later...

I echo @Thunderheads – TJMaxx and/or Marshall's is the way to go. They've got Nike, UnderArmour, Adidas, Reebok, Umbro... and a slew of other lesser-known brands. I favor the Nike Dri-Fit / Dri-Fit Cotton shirts, or the UnderArmour Charged Cotton shirts (nicer on the skin over a long day), and have a few Nike Combat Compression or UnderArmour Compression shirts for under the plate gear.

I would advocate that, even though your association requires black, to get a few (eventually) in navy and/or red. You'll run across games/events/crews that may wear another trim color.

I echo @Thunderheads – TJMaxx and/or Marshall's is the way to go. They've got Nike, UnderArmour, Adidas, Reebok, Umbro... and a slew of other lesser-known brands. I favor the Nike Dri-Fit / Dri-Fit Cotton shirts, or the UnderArmour Charged Cotton shirts (nicer on the skin over a long day), and have a few Nike Combat Compression or UnderArmour Compression shirts for under the plate gear.

I would advocate that, even though your association requires black, to get a few (eventually) in navy and/or red. You'll run across games/events/crews that may wear another trim color.

yes sir ..........no reason to pay retail for a Dri-Fit

yes sir ..........no reason to pay retail for a Dri-Fit

What if money was no object.

• Like 1

Stopped at the local TJ Maxx today and they had no Nike Dri Fits or anything else that I would consider wearing as an undershirt. I also checked at Kohls and the had Tek Gear, but I don't like the material around the neck on those either. Hoping to find some short sleeve 1/2 turtlenecks somewhere

• Like 1

Stopped at the local TJ Maxx today and they had no Nike Dri Fits or anything else that I would consider wearing as an undershirt. I also checked at Kohls and the had Tek Gear, but I don't like the material around the neck on those either. Hoping to find some short sleeve 1/2 turtlenecks somewhere

It's a periodic thing with TJMaxx. Sometimes they've got butkus, sometimes they roll in a whole rack of 'em. I usually check once a month. Scope the Sports Clothing section.