Experience with payment

Radwaste50
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3608 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Question

Here is an unusual situation to umpiring but looking for input from the collective.  For many years our summer baseball has been a pay at the plate situation. Many of the summer league teams are school affiliated.   Because of some recent "events" involving non baseball booster clubs, these clubs are now facing more scrutiny, including wanting receipts for umpire payment.

I am thinking of ideas and ways to handle this new situation as I have previously just done assigning for the leagues for a nominal amount

Ideas

1.  Have league (ie Legion, AABC) make payments by invoicing league

2.  Use Refpay or some similar mechanism and raise league costs to cover, in this case do you get money to cover umpires up front and draw down account

3.  Print up business size cards to act as receipts that can be quickly given

Other ideas??

4 answers to this question

League pays association. Association pays umpires. Simple. I'd add a dollar or two per ump per game to cover administrative costs. Then, at the end of the season, have an association bbq on the league's dime. :D

• Like 1

League pays association. Association pays umpires. Simple. I'd add a dollar or two per ump per game to cover administrative costs. Then, at the end of the season, have an association bbq on the league's dime. :D

That last part sounds cool, half out umps are rednecks so that would be an entertaining bbq to be at