How Many Games?

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Last year I was scheduled for 51 hs games (softball and baseball) and actually worked 49.

This year my availability is greatly reduced :smachhead: and I am currently scheduled for 15 and I don't know what they are. I can see the time on the Arbiter as blue but the schedules won't be released until next week.

Due to the fact I travel for my regular job, I try and get scheduled for at least 20....last year was my worst for rainouts and reschedules, as I am often unavailable for the rescheduled game.........(that gives my assignor fits).....I hope to get half in....

I forget how many scheduled but I worked 68 regular season and post-season HS games in 2008. I got 12 college (D-II/NAIA) games in out of 20 scheduled.

This year: Still waiting on HS schedule. 21 college games scheduled. First game is 2/21. First scrimmage is this Saturday, D-I, supposed to be 50 degrees plus out so I will be a happy camper if it goes.

I fall in the same boat as Stan. My work schedule makes it tough for me to get as many HS games in as I'd like. There's only 1 public school district which plays late enough for me, and the private schools are all over the place. I was scheduled 29 HS games last year but only got 18 in due to rainouts.

I am hoping for more this year, or atleast less rain. Nothing has been posted yet, but I think they will be coming any time now.

Brian,

Last year, during the Spring HS season (3/22 - 5/17), I worked 29 games - and had 20 cancelled! It was pretty crappy weather in the first part of the season, even for these parts.

Like Stan W., I too travel for my "day job", so I can only schedule weekends and "vacation time" very far in advance. Right now, I've got 23 games on my spring schedule between weekends and vacation during Spring Break week.

I'll pick up additional games from the weekly e-mails my assignor sends out with uncovered games due to cancels, rescheds., etc.

JM

I have 39 HS games scheduled for the spring but at least 10-15 will get rained out here in cold wet Southern Illinois. I usually work 3-4 games a week and every other weekend or so I do a double header. Spring season starts the third week of March and ends with the Regionals in the third week of May so the season is only about eight weeks long.

I have 39 HS games scheduled for the spring but at least 10-15 will get rained out here in cold wet Southern Illinois. I usually work 3-4 games a week and every other weekend or so I do a double header. Spring season starts the third week of March and ends with the Regionals in the third week of May so the season is only about eight weeks long.

Are you in the Carbondale area?

I just got my schedule. Seven dates which = 14 games. I am the newbie so I understand not getting more right off the bat. First date is a DH on April 14. I've told my assignor that I'm willing to work any date. I have put in for more dates but no word yet on those. I'd like to at least get to 20-25 games. Being my first year, it's just JV.

Let's see April 14 in Michigan? Probably have snow flying and be about 30 degrees. But we will be on the old ball field!!!!!

This is a question for you guys that work high school games...

How many games do you typically work in a spring season?

How many games have you been assigned to this season? (assuming you've received your sched).

Thanks, and have a great season! :banghead:

Last season ran from 3/10-5/12. I worked 40 HS games and had 7 rained out in that time. We usually get our assignments in two-week bunches. This season starts on 3/16 and I'll probably get my first assignments a week or so before that.

I did 121 games total through fallball, last game was a DH on 10/25.

Just got scheduled another game and I'm excited for as few reasons:

• This is now my first game of the year.
  • The home team won the district and did very well in te region last year.
  • The visiting team is a team which has just gotten better and better every season.
  • And it's an eval game.:WTF