DH/EH in FED

CricketChapman
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3657 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Last I looked at softball, they have a DH and a Flex, Flex can't hit and DH can't be in the field. Some youth leagues have an EH, extra hitter, and bat a 10 man batting order.

Last I looked at softball, they have a DH and a Flex, Flex can't hit and DH can't be in the field. Some youth leagues have an EH, extra hitter, and bat a 10 man batting order.

Actually it's a DP not DH. The DP is the batter, the Flex is the fielder. However, the DP can play the field even while the Flex is in the field.

I'm not going to go into more detail in this hostile to softball environment.

: )

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

In Connecticut in sub-varsity games they allow both an EH and DH.

CIAC
EXTRA HITTER (EH) RULE
SUB-VARSITY GAMES ONLY

1.The EH must be announced to the umpire at the pre-game conference and be included on the line-up card.
2. The EH may be used by either team. Neither team is required to use an EH.
3. The EH may bat in any position in the lineup.
4. A DH and an EH can BOTH be listed in the lineup.
5. The EH can never play defense and no player may come from a defensive position to replace the EH.
6. The EH is listed as a STARTER and may be substituted for and return (one time) anytime during the game as long as he bats in the same spot in the lineup.
7. The EH (and any of his substitutes) can not play defense and can not have batted or participated as a base runner in any other position in the lineup.
8. If a team is forced to eliminate the position of EH during the game they can not return to an EH later in the game. (The other team may continue to use an EH).
9. A team may choose to discontinue to use an EH only if the EH is injured, sick or ejected and there is no other legally able player able to take his place.
10. A team that stops using an EH will NOT be penalized with an OUT when the vacated EH spot is due up.