Looking for Wilson Doeskin Traditional Mask Pads

Majordave
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3632 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I am looking to buy Wilson A3839-LEA-WV doeskin tan traditional mask pads.

Cannot find on web. Checked all the umpire equipment sellers I can using google and other search engines. Now I'm reaching out to stockpilers/hoarders. You know who you are.

Anyone......anyone?

Thanks.

Pic of what I am looking for:

post-34-0-94724000-1396842576_thumb.jpg

Cannot find on web. Checked all the umpire equipment sellers I can using google and other search engines. Now I'm reaching out to stockpilers/hoarders. You know who you are.

Anyone......anyone?

Thanks.

This might be a stretch, but I have a Japanese exchange student working in our high school association for the spring. Since there seems to be all kinds of sites in Japan, I believe, would you want me to see if he could score a couple of pair of these for you. His parents were able to get his gear here within a weeks time when he joined. This kid, by the way, is 19 and can flat out umpire.

Anyone......anyone?

Thanks.

This might be a stretch, but I have a Japanese exchange student working in our high school association for the spring. Since there seems to be all kinds of sites in Japan, I believe, would you want me to see if he could score a couple of pair of these for you. His parents were able to get his gear here within a weeks time when he joined. This kid, by the way, is 19 and can flat out umpire.

Umpstu - when you mentioned Japan, I remembered this site: http://www.go-stop-call.com/wilson_npb_mask.html

$50 plus shipping. If you don't want to go that way, at least that's proof that they exist in Japan and the person that @umpstu knows might be able to get a pair or two.

• Like 1

Anyone......anyone?

Thanks.

Umpstu - when you mentioned Japan, I remembered this site: http://www.go-stop-call.com/wilson_npb_mask.html

$50 plus shipping. If you don't want to go that way, at least that's proof that they exist in Japan and the person that @umpstu knows might be able to get a pair or two.

I figure he Dave might order a couple just to have them.

@umpstu

@catcher

Thanks fellas. Stu, please have your Japanese friend take a look for me and verify they are indeed doeskin/deerskin not calves leather. And the price and shipping. And you're right. If they are the ones I'm looking for I will buy two pair. I'll PM you a pic of them for reference.

Thanks again. I love this site.

One other idea that might work: All-star makes nice leather pads.

There is an old type of tan pads that Laz Diaz wears. By consensus, they're horrifyingly ugly.

You can get them here.

http://www.sportsdepot.com/baseball/cat/style-Catcher-Accessories/all-star-catchers-equipment-pcid-761#Tan/472

A more aesthetically pleasing option would be to talk to All-Star (you can find their account on this site.) The inside of their new leather pads is a lighter tan, more like the color of the Wilsons. Since they have that color leather, they might be able to make some lighter color pads for you.

Here's a pic of Diaz. '>

Here's a pic of the inside of the newer pads. '>

Thanks Catch!

I took a chance on some Rawlings "leather" catcher's mask pads I found on ebay for $15 plus shipping and they arrive today.  

I am impressed.  No garish or ugly logos.  Leather is doe/deerskin and is the softest leather I have ever touched.   I still want a backup pair of Wilson's or something similar, like these Rawlings, but so far so good.  Putting them into service in a couple of hours on the new A3077 Wilson New-View I traded from with ACPAR72.

The ugly thing on the chin pad is one of my old shoulder epaulette's with my Major's leaf. 

post-34-0-17106100-1396900589_thumb.jpg

It is Japanese website. I hear you need a Tenso.com account to make it simpler. See line of posts in the equipment category. Topic-Japanese plate shoes on eBay.

Thanks UMP17. Catcher sent me a link. I'm watching it as I've got a mask with what I think are the same pads without the MLB logo arriving Wednesday. I don't want to put myself in the poorhouse buying mask pads and masks I won't use. Thanks again.

Uodate: I said the hell with it and I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought it. I will have two Wilson Dyna-Lite Frames, with harnesses, for sale soon.

• Like 1

Currently a mask on Ebay with the pads that you are seeking.  Poster says used once.  Can pick up the whole mask for $25 plus shipping.  Hope this helps.

I would post the link if I knew how.  Sorry.

@Ump17

To post a link, copy it at the top, then paste it on the text box where you type. That's it!

Thanks UMP17. Catcher sent me a link. I'm watching it as I've got a mask with what I think are the same pads without the MLB logo arriving Wednesday. I don't want to put myself in the poorhouse buying mask pads and masks I won't use. Thanks again.

Uodate: I said the hell with it and I went ahead and bit the bullet and bought it. I will have two Wilson Dyna-Lite Frames, with harnesses, for sale soon.

@Majordave

Can you PM me a link?

What would you like a link to?  I know a lot of links.  Hahaha!  

Are you wanting a link to the two mask frames I will have for sale soon?  I have not received them yet.  One will be here Wednesday or Thursday.  Other was purchased today and has not shipped yet.  They will be black frames  (Dynalite I believe) with harness and without pads.  IF interested I will let you know and post a pic before I put on ebay or list in this forum.

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3632 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.