Thunderheads

Great call at first, on the tag!

Nice and quick, too, without the clown act that would have likely occurred previous to replay.

Nice and quick, too, without the clown act that would have likely occurred previous to replay.

totally agree .........

I actually think this is FASTER than the argument that would insue ....and ..... it's easing relations between managers and umpires (my .02)

totally agree .........

I actually think this is FASTER than the argument that would insue ....and ..... it's easing relations between managers and umpires (my .02)

I agree....and it keeps the umpires off the front page of Deadspin. Good for all concerned.

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Richvee
      Wanted to reach through the TV last night and choke Gary Cohen and Ron Darling during last night's Mat's game. 
      Gary:  "You know, ever since these umpires started setting up the way they do, between the catcher and the batter. There's no way they see the outside half of the plate, they're only guessing" 
      Ron:  "Well Gary, I would say it's an educated guess"

• By umpirebrianc
      Our annual Umpire Clinic in Tyler TX is being held Jan 26-28, 2018.  Marvin Hudson, 2016 World Series Umpire along with Clint Fagan MLB Rover and others will be instructors.  Also present DII, NAIA and JUCO assignors.  Both 3 man and 2 man options available.  Go to www.umpireclinics.com for details or email umpireclinics@gmail.com for any questions.
    • By Gfoley4
      https://streamable.com/ew0o Very weird situation at the end of the Cardinals game last night
    • By Thunderheads
      On a bases loaded grounder back to F1 ..... he flips to F2 for the apparent force at home ..... not so fast!
      The downside of replay (or upside) ...it can see just about anything.  I think Mark Ripperger, from his angle had the out, as we probably all would have called it .....
      This is the stuff you see now, thanks to replay
      http://m.mlb.com/video/topic/63817564/v1132049483/?query=umpire
    • By Thunderheads
      It just happened in Detroit .....
      JD Martinez on first base ............shot to center, dropped ball (not seen) originally called out, and JD Martinez supposedly doubled-up.
      Long review ... OVER RULED, and they place JDM at third, and gave Casey McGehee a single.
      After the long review Farrell is still pissed off, and he wouldn't shut up , Scott Barry just dumped him!
      Can't wait to see this video from MLB.com !  Stay tuned
      We always discussed that here, that this type of play would be the most difficult to accomplish because if the placement of the runners.