Top 'Best Answer' Users

JaxRolo
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3623 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Primarily me  :insertevillaughhere:

But all the moderators have the ability to mark a response as best answer.

The mods have been given specific directions on designating responses as best answer. Here is a few:

• The original post must have a specific question stated
  • Best answers must be correct & concise and not buried in a lot of extraneous information 
  • Citing rules is a huge plus
  • There can only be one best answer per post (system limitation) 
  • Best answer will be given to the first post which meets these requirements.
  • If in doubt on a best answer it will not be marked as best answer and mods can get together to decide if needed. 

I think this is a great feature because people come here looking for answers many times and if they use the search feature they can get more useful information. Also I want to encourage people to ask questions and get a reliable direct answer.

If we as the Moderating team get one wrong, we have the ability to fix it. And we try to use good timing to make sure a better answer doesn't come further down in the thread.

Oh I forgot a rule ... The best answer can not come from @JaxRolo  :rollinglaugh:

• Like 10

I appreciate this procedure, a wonderful idea. It allows me to get a clear, simple answer without wading through all the chitchat and repetition. Thanks.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. We officiate a game in which the rules are less than perfect, and intent and principles rule the day. That "chitchat and repetition" may color in the lines that are crudely drawn in the rulebook that don't adequately portray the whole picture.

• Like 2

I appreciate this procedure, a wonderful idea. It allows me to get a clear, simple answer without wading through all the chitchat and repetition. Thanks.

Don't throw the baby out with the bathwater. We officiate a game in which the rules are less than perfect, and intent and principles rule the day. That "chitchat and repetition" may color in the lines that are crudely drawn in the rulebook that don't adequately portray the whole picture.BEST ANSWER

• Like 3

where is this new widget? I'm not seeing it....all i see is an error message below the view new content button that says could not load best answers template

That's it. I get the same thing. UIC is on it.

Larry

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

• 1 month later...