Rest in Peace Mike Taylor

KLAH316
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3678 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I am waiting to see if an obituary gets published since I know what town he lives in. In there, there should be information to where the family would want memorials issued, and correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you send cards care of the funeral home they will eventually reach the family. Just hang in there, if an obituary will be published it will in the next couple days and I will post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from facebook:

March 3 at 5 pm at Holloways Funeral Home in Salisbury

Salisbury is in North Carolina...correct?

Maybe we send the cards to the funeral home and the funeral home can get them to Mike's wife.

I am waiting to see if an obituary gets published since I know what town he lives in. In there, there should be information to where the family would want memorials issued, and correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you send cards care of the funeral home they will eventually reach the family. Just hang in there, if an obituary will be published it will in the next couple days and I will post it here.

from facebook:

Maybe we send the cards to the funeral home and the funeral home can get them to Mike's wife.

MD

I don't even know where to begin. Like Stan W, I've known Mike since the early days of Internet bulletin boards for umpires. Probably as far back as the late 90's. Mike and I became good friends over the years, and we exchanged ideas about umpiring and our professional lives as well. If I was involved in a critical lift plan that I questioned, all I had to do was give Mike a call and he would advise me on proper rigging techniques and procedures. We all realize how much Mike knew about umpiring baseball. He knew even more about lifting and rigging. Mike and I worked two games together in either '05 or '06. I can't remember for sure, but we flip-flopped on the plate and on the bases. He was a pleasure to work with, and even more of a pleasure to talk to. I'm going to miss him greatly. God bless him and his family. And to the rest of my brothers here.......please take care of yourselves.

Tim

from facebook:

Address for Funeral Home:

501 Snow Hill Rd, Salisbury, MD 21804

Salisbury is just west of Ocean City Md.  It is the home of the DelMarVa Shorebirds of the SAL (A).  I go to Ocean City every year to play golf in June.  As I've mentioned before, Mike and I met up a couple of times when our schedules were in-sync.  

I will be going down this year during the week of June 8.  I am trying to think of something I could do (personally or as a rep of U-E) while I am there.  Suggestions are welcome.

I never met Michael in person, but I felt he was my friend.

He was knowledgeable and thoughtful. Outspoken, but he never shouted.

I didn't always agree with him, but I was always interested in what he had to say.

I'm very happy to have had the privilege of making his acquaintance, if only virtually.

Very sad he is no longer with us.

Rest in peace, Mike.

JM

• Like 5

I got a call on this, this morning. My heart stopped and sunk. He was so full of life, trying to touch everyone who crossed his path. Then, in a twinkling of an eye, he is gone, but his memory shall not pass unforgotten. We should all strive to touch the hearts and souls of people who cross our paths like Mike did. Perhaps, the world would be a better place if we did that. I know that my world is a little better having known Mike. I thank God for that window of opportunity. Wow. I'm just...empty. I don't know what else to say.

May God ease the bereavement of the family's hearts, and quench the loss they so heavily feel.

A sad day indeed. But also a day to rejoice in life anew. Make each day count. That's what Mike did. I want to be like Mike!

• Like 6

What a shock.  So sorry to hear of his passing.  Never met in person but communicated via this forum and email before.  Umpiring community near his home and this site has suffered a great loss.

Just another reminder for me to make sure you tell those you love how you feel on a regular basis.  

Rest in Peace Michael.

Ok, after talking it over with the wife, I will be going to his funeral. I was thinking, if other members want to do it, I could give his wife a copy of a thread with condolence messages from those on this site. Let me know if you guys want to do this

• Like 3

Here is the write-up from the hs baseball webb

http://community.hsbaseballweb.com/topic/in-memory-of-michael-s-taylor-1958-2014

Always willing to help. He will be missed.

Condolences to the family

++++++++++++++++++++++++++

added 3/2

A players prayer by Hal Skinner-from an umpires point of view-

Grant me the wisdom,
to tell a strike from a ball,
to know where to rotate,
and never to fall.

Keep me always on the foul line,
running straight and true,
and I'll look for your sign,
On fair/foul by an inch or two

Give me vision,
to see every sitch,
so if a partner needs help,
then I will see which.

Let me always hustle,
so I'll be at my best,
and take pride in myself,
in sports and the rest.

Be my strength,
when I make the call,
when I'm at home plate,
or against a wall.

So I never miss a base,
please guide my feet,
bring me home safely,
so my rotation is complete.

When I help younger partners,
let me always give praise,
so they'll see you in me,
in all of my ways.

Please guide our crew chief,
to be fair and smart,
to teach us to be good,
let it come from his heart.

Let me take a miss,
like earth coming to an end,
to do any less,
is surely a sin.

As long as I can umpire,
let me make my crew-mates proud,
as proud as I am,
when they yell “good call†out loud.

However my games end,
let me always have fun,
and if Heaven has Umps,
I want to be one.

When my games here are over,
and my seasons are done,
let me umpire on your team,
just like your son.

The boss needed help

MST answered the call

Now he's a crew chief

In the greatest league of all

• Like 2

I came across this today - anyone know what articel it is referring to?

http://community.hsbaseballweb.com/topic/is-this-our-own-michael-s-taylor(

m sure you can find it...(4/13/11) Wall Street Journal on Little League banning composite bat.....as you can tell from the HSBBW ariticles, many of us here also post there.......