Rest in Peace Mike Taylor

KLAH316
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3699 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

As everyone has said, I'm deeply saddened and feel like I've lost a friend. Never had the pleasure of meeting the man, yet I feel I knew him and I have certainly learned from his posts and conversations here. I'll miss him. Condolences to the family. @johnnyg08 please add me your PM list if you get an address. 

My heart is very heavy right now...stunned...can't express the sadness. He's like part of the family.

Every time I read one of Mike's posts, I felt like I was right there with him, learning more about umpiring. He made an impact on me and he will be missed.

I'm just crushed, MST and I have been friends for more years than I can say......we started communicating back in the old mcgriffs days and have moderated a site together .........we always talked about that game we were going to do together one day........

• Like 1

This is very sad news. While I never met Mike, his passion for this great game was evident in every post he made and his posts always taught me something new or a different way to look at things. Every time I sport my black and white zigs, I will always recall Mike's unhappiness with white on shoes.

May he rest in peace.  

OK, enough....from anybody....I need the LL in MD he worked for....We'll put the website and address out, and anybody who wants to donate, say 10 bucks in his name to the League, maybe it'll pay for another Umpire to learn what he taught us.....

• Like 1

To all who wanted his personal address: I think I have it, but I want to verify it's correct. Obviously, calling the number associated with it isn't the best idea at this time, and I certainly don't want to send a flood of letters and cards to an incorrect address.

I asked earlier, but I'll ask again: If anyone has information on any of the leagues or associations/organizations he worked for, pass it on to me. I would rather contact the leage/assn/org to verify information than the Taylor family at this time. In addition, they may know of where the family would want donations to be sent.

There was discussion of doing a memorial week for Mike. If this is completed, I think it would be nice if we set up a way to donate during that week. There are plenty of sites that offer donations and, depending on the family's wishes, the organization they choose may have ways to donate as well.

In short, let's spend the next few days remembering Mike and all he's done for us. Information will be given as I, or anyone else, can get it.

Hey there now. Where'd you go? You left us here so unexpected. You changed my life; I hope you know, 'cause now I'm lost. So unprotected.

In a blink of an eye; I never got to say goodbye

Like a shooting star, flyin' across the room. So fast so far. You were gone too soon and I'll never be the same here without you. You were gone too soon.

Everybody, I would like to make a memorial video to him, with clips of everybody here who knew him saying/singing/lip-synching a line from the above song while in their uniform and mix in MLB clips. If anybody is willing to go with me on that, please notify me via PM.

• Like 2

Hey there now. Where'd you go? You left us here so unexpected. You changed my life; I hope you know, 'cause now I'm lost. So unprotected.

In a blink of an eye; I never got to say goodbye

Like a shooting star, flyin' across the room. So fast so far. You were gone too soon and I'll never be the same here without you. You were gone too soon.

Everybody, I would like to make a memorial video to him, with clips of everybody here who knew him saying/singing/lip-synching a line from the above song while in their uniform and mix in MLB clips. If anybody is willing to go with me on that, please notify me via PM.

Did you write that first part?  It is excellent.

I think a donation to whatever league was closest to his heart would be appropriate. In addition to helping a cause that was close to him, it would be nice for his family and the league community to see 1st hand that mike had an effect on so many umps across the world

• Like 1

I've always thought it would be cool to have a silicone/rubber wristband representing Umpire-Empire (I just sent this idea to Warren) .... but now it seems really appropriate .... do them in black, and have them be MST memorial bands from U-E .........

you can have them made really cheap!

• Like 3

I am waiting to see if an obituary gets published since I know what town he lives in. In there, there should be information to where the family would want memorials issued, and correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you send cards care of the funeral home they will eventually reach the family. Just hang in there, if an obituary will be published it will in the next couple days and I will post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I am waiting to see if an obituary gets published since I know what town he lives in. In there, there should be information to where the family would want memorials issued, and correct me if I am wrong, but I think if you send cards care of the funeral home they will eventually reach the family. Just hang in there, if an obituary will be published it will in the next couple days and I will post it here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

from facebook:

March 3 at 5 pm at Holloways Funeral Home in Salisbury