Chest Protector for Females

nicfindlay

Hi All,

This is a question for the ladies. I'm looking for a new chest protector for softball, but am after some advice on something that fits 'best' for females.

My current chest protector doesn't sit very well and is very bulky - I look like a terminator. I'd like something a little more subtle and the highest level I would be umpiring is U17/U19 state championships.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic

Hi All,

This is a question for the ladies. I'm looking for a new chest protector for softball, but am after some advice on something that fits 'best' for females.

My current chest protector doesn't sit very well and is very bulky - I look like a terminator. I'd like something a little more subtle and the highest level I would be umpiring is U17/U19 state championships.

Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nic

You said your current CP doesn't fit - what are you currently wearing?

post-1105-0-42645700-1391656114.jpg

Pretty much the same design as a variety of other CP's. If this is too high profile then you probably won't get much satisfaction from the other major brands. Unequal may be what you need to get a lower profile. Personally, I use a V-Sport which is the exact same design as the picture with Team Wendy retrofitted padding and it is extremely low profile.

• Like 1

I'll look those up thanks. Any other recommendations for low profile? I have seen mention of the Schutt Kool - any experiences? Or other low profile? http://www.ausport.com.au/catalogue/c49/c125/p2275

I'll look those up thanks. Any other recommendations for low profile? I have seen mention of the Schutt Kool - any experiences? Or other low profile? http://www.ausport.com.au/catalogue/c49/c125/p2275

I have the Shutt Airflex II

Outstanding in hot weather.

Why is you CP out standing in the weather? You airing out?

It has the special beads that are next to your chest on the inside that somehow cool you.

Don't know how BUT they really work!

It has the special beads that are next to your chest on the inside that somehow cool you.

Yeah but you need to bring it inside. It way get stolen out standing in the weather!

• Like 1

Yeah but you need to bring it inside. It way get stolen out standing the weather!

http://www.schuttsports.com/aspx/Sport/ProductCatalog.aspx?id=978

So the blue material, Is that only at the front? Or does it kinda slip on like a shirt? And then just strap up? Is it relatively low profile?

The blue portion is the pad and yes, it is only on the front of the CP.  Other than the airflow padding with the bead technology, this is a rather conventional CP which is held on with a harness.

When I did softball I wore a Honigs K1.

Honig's also sells these, and they say they are specifically for softball:

http://www.honigs.com/detail.asp?Item=363&Sub=174

I had a few friends who used this one:

http://www.honigs.com/detail.asp?Item=1249&Sub=174

Might be worth a look.