You might just be an Umpire if....

BigUmpire
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3648 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Found this on the Ump-Attire website.

First you laugh THEN you say "I do that!" and your wife says “Yes you do" with an unpleasant look on her face.

Mark D'Angelo - You have a clothes rod in your car

Randy Huffman - You watch the Umpires more then the actual game you're watching on TV

Philip Cavendish - Your wife considers tiling the floors of the house with home plates so that you sweep the floors at home

Raquel DeBeltz Bushman - When one of the criteria for buying a new vehicle is that you have to be able to fit all your equipment and uniforms in it comfortably

Derek Quigley - When you call strike while watching a game

CJ Webb - When you are watching a game in the stands and track an overthrown ball to the fence and don't flinch, while everyone around you ducks

Bill Knowles - You keep bottles of Febreeze in your car

Russell Richardson - You turn your head whenever someone says "blue"

John C. Leonard - The back seat of your vehicle looks like your closet and people ask if you are living out of your car

Michael Harman - When you can publicly make a cup adjustment and not be considered a pervert

Andy Herrington - You know Scrubbing Bubbles are made for shoes

Neal Phadnis - You wish you could eject a manage at your day job

Dave Bruhn - If your gear takes up more space in your closet than the rest of your clothing

Erik Womach - If you start every argument with "In my judgement..."

Paul Kent - You get boo'd in the grocery store

Alex Pufhal - Directions are given based on where a field is located

Mathew Mark Brundage - If you make a sale at your sales job and do your "strike three" mechanic

Michael Royal - You work on your mechanics while looking in the mirror

Corey Lee - If you own more than one pair of tights and/or extra long socks

Harold Head - You have more umpire clothes than you do regular clothes

Chris Linhart - You have bruises on your forearms and thighs at the same time and are not a UFC Fighter

Mike Huff - You have 14 pairs of all black shoes all for different surfaces

Mike Todd - Someone cuts you off in traffic and you refer to it as an "obstruction"

Ron Metcalfe - You're obsessed with matching t-shirt, jersey and hat (like a woman!)

Amber Danielle Searcy DeWald - You drive all night just to get to a game

Chuck Knowles - You try to get the umpires autographs after a minor league game

• Like 13

... Your friends don't like going to baseball games with you because you are giving play-by-play commentary on the umpires.

A corollary  to this one....

"Your friends don't like watching games with you on TV because you're  continually correcting announcer's mistakes. "

• Like 5

You might just be an umpire if you spend 75% of your weekend in your garage/man cave "organizing/cleaning" your gear over and over and over again

You might just be an umpire if you would rather swap mask pads to see which ones look better than swap the clothes from the washer to dryer

You might just be an umpire if you have a folding chair and a bathroom mat in the trunk of your car

• Like 1

You might just be an umpire if you spend 75% of your weekend in your garage/man cave "organizing/cleaning" your gear over and over and over again

You might just be an umpire if you would rather swap mask pads to see which ones look better than swap the clothes from the washer to dryer

You might just be an umpire if you have a folding chair and a bathroom mat in the trunk of your car

Getting scary for most of us as we ALL do this!

You might be an umpire if you have more money invested in plate pants than you do in dress pants...

Am I the only one who has been known to use my base pants as my "dress pants"? 

I know when I started I used a pair of "Dress Pants" as "Base Pants"...... :wave:

• Like 1

You might be an umpire if you never knew that Murphy's Oil Soap is really made for furniture.

Is this true?

Not exactly, because I know it's made for furniture. But I know more umpires that clean shoes with it than I do people who use it on furniture !

You might be an umpire if you never knew that Murphy's Oil Soap is really made for furniture.

Is this true?

Not exactly, because I know it's made for furniture. But I know more umpires that clean shoes with it than I do people who use it on furniture !

Works great on wood. Been using it on wooden cabinets, furniture, window trim for years. Actually longer than I've been umpiring. 

• Like 1