NB 460 and 950

conbo61
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3757 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Good morning -

I have decided it is time to upgrade my shoes.  Currently using Spot-Bilt plate and base shoes.

I am leaning toward the NB 460 plate shoes and NB 950 mid-cut base shoes (bum ankles).  I thought I read somewhere that folks have been experiencing quality issues with the plate shoes such as stitching coming out at the instep plate.

Has anyone on this board had any quality issues with NB shoes?  Lots of reviews and pretty much all positive, I just wanted to double check.

Thank you.

I love my NB MLB 950 base shoes......and they have been great, no issues at all............I do take very good care of them.......I was always a mizuno fan, but have been wearing NB base shoes for about the last 5 years.......I don't have NB plate shoes......I replaced my +POS plate shoes with Reebok

Love NB base shoes. Use Reebok plate shoes. Own the NB 460 plate shoes, just prefer older model Reebok plate shoes. You might check out the MB1000 base shoes. I love the comfort and support these shoes provide.

I have both NBs that you referenced. I wore the base 950s during Football this year and they were extremely comfortable. I also love my 460s for working the dish. They are right up there with the old style Reebok plate shoes. I rotate between the two. Can't go wrong....My 950s are the mid cut.

Thank you everyone. Looks like new 460's and 950's it is...

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Seriously check out the NB Mb1000. Most comfortable shoe I've ever worn on the field.

The original 450s had issues with seams coming undone. They were fixed in later models. As far as I know of, the 460s have had no such issue.

Plus they looked very fashionable. Kind of Herman Muenster looking shoes.

Thank you everyone. Looks like new 460's and 950's it is...

Seriously check out the NB Mb1000. Most comfortable shoe I've ever worn on the field.

The original 450s had issues with seams coming undone. They were fixed in later models. As far as I know of, the 460s have had no such issue.

Plus they looked very fashionable. Kind of Herman Muenster looking shoes.

Our state association requires all black shoes, so the MB1000 most likely would not be acceptable.

Other than the HUGE white "N", these most closely resemble my Spot-Bilts.

I have a pair of NB460's, size 10. Used for 3 gigs while waiting for my reeboks to arrive. Just not a NB fan, but I was in a pinch and my local place only had NB in stock. PM me if you're interested. Willing to trade or sell if the deal is right. 

I have a pair of NB460's, size 10. Used for 3 gigs while waiting for my reeboks to arrive. Just not a NB fan, but I was in a pinch and my local place only had NB in stock. PM me if you're interested. Willing to trade or sell if the deal is right. 

Thanks for the offer, but the new ones should be here Monday.  What did you not like about them?

I find them more bulky than the 450's. Herman Munsterish.  But like I said, I've never been a NB guy. I loved my magistrate plates but they ripped right on the seam. Reebok honored the warranty but took a few weeks to get the replacements (the zigs, as magistrates I guess were discontinued?) to me. In the meantime i bought the 460's. Not awful by any stretch, it's a quality, quality shoe. Just not my preference. 

Pentagon patent leather plate shoes, and NB 1000's would be my recommendations.  The plate shoes take a very little amount of matience and look brand new still.  The NB 1000's are a great looking shoe after you replace the white shoe laces with black ones.  

Santa arrived early and all I can say is: WOW!! These shoes are LIGHT! I picked a shoebox out of the shipping box and thought "These must be the base shoes" Wrong... The 950's practically floated out of the box. The comments about them feeling like slippers were right on. Can't wait to get them on the field.

Of course we have 6" of snow on the ground and it is still coming down...