BRD Book

celt62
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3694 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Just got mine back from Staples.  Laminated both covers and spiral bound it like I do my rule books so they open up flat and all for just $7.99!  This is the first time I've read this book and I think it is FANTASTIC!  What a great way to cover and explain rules and it does it alphabetically by topic and not by rule number.  This is going to be a great tool to have at all times.  I think I'm getting another to keep in my bag.  Kudos to Carl Childress for this insightful book and for the great discount he gives to Premium Members.  I've had my membership less than a month and it already has paid for itself twice over.

I have purchased the BRD for years, and I like your idea of the special binding......Papa C had previous editions spiral bound and unfortunately issues came up in my copies with the spiral coming undone....Having it lay flat is a good thing when I'm making my lesson plans or researching other reference materials..... 

I think Ill stop by staples..............top tip by you....good job!

• Like 1

Thanks for the kind words.  His book on his website sells for $34.99 and we can get it for $24.  The difference is almost half the price of premium membership so it's a great deal.  But bring it and get it laminated and spiral bound.  It just lays open flat and makes for much easier reading.  I do it with all of my rule books and CCA manuals and laminating the covers keeps them from getting "dog-eared" and dirty.  Plus at $7.99 the price is right.  

If you work leagues that use multiple rule sets (LL vs. OBR; Fed vs. OBR) this book is MUST have. Mr. Childress does a great job of providing the interpretations and citing his sources as to why a ruling is what it is.

WELL worth the money!

• Like 1

The electronic or "pdf" version is available so you could put it on your phone or wherever you want.  It's $15 but you have to show proof of purchase of the book to get it by email.  The instructions are on the first couple of pages of the book with a no-sharing promise attached.  I'm going to get mine next week.

If you work leagues that use multiple rule sets (LL vs. OBR; Fed vs. OBR) this book is MUST have. Mr. Childress does a great job of providing the interpretations and citing his sources as to why a ruling is what it is.

WELL worth the money!

Just a clarification, the BRD has no LL references.........OBR, NFHS, NCAA and NAIA only.........

Plus all the other stuff. Man I feel like I am falling behind. Now if only I had signed up earlier this would be a whole lot easier. November through January is tough on money in our house (Nov = anniversary, Dec = obviously Xmas/Chanukah, Jan =SWMBO's bday)

Plus all the other stuff. Man I feel like I am falling behind. Now if only I had signed up earlier this would be a whole lot easier. November through January is tough on money in our house (Nov = anniversary, Dec = obviously Xmas/Chanukah, Jan =SWMBO's bday)

I don't know about you, but college association dues are due around here by the end of December, also...

I don't know about you, but college association dues are due around here by the end of December, also...

Yeh, I am waiting to hear from our president what the schedule for dues, arbiter, testing, etc. are. Hopefully will be hearing from him soon.

• Like 1

WELL worth the money!

Just a clarification, the BRD has no LL references.........OBR, NFHS, NCAA and NAIA only.........

I stand corrected.  My mind was thinking NCAA, but my fingers typed LL.

• 3 months later...

I ordered mine on a few days ago from Amazon. A great old friend recommended the read after a discussion of a recent rules interp. meeting controversy. Waiting for the brown truck to drop it off!