NCAA Baseball Umpiring Central Hub Web-site

Texas Manny
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3780 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Manny.  There are over 10 hours of instructional video on that site, so if you don't have paid access to them, find someone who is registered and will allow you their sign-in info.  

No, not me.   :P

Home page to the NCAA Baseball Umpiring Central Hub Web-site:

NCAA Baseball Arbiter Sports

That is all! Enjoy!

Are you just now finding this out.. but if you want to view the videos, it's gonna cost you.

That didn't exist back in 1990-1993 when I worked in college. It's all new. I just figured I'd share. I can't be the only one out there who didn't know, am I?

< crickets, crickets...>

Home page to the NCAA Baseball Umpiring Central Hub Web-site:

NCAA Baseball Arbiter Sports

That is all! Enjoy!

Are you just now finding this out.. but if you want to view the videos, it's gonna cost you.

Its like his new toys the manuals -- soon he will be quoting from the ncaa site or posting those videos again.

:rollinglaugh: You Betcha! :rollinglaugh:

Didnt they used to have a deal where you could sign up for the NCAA site with different deals depending on the level you worked? Ex. D2 was like $100 but you got a $50 Honigs gift card. Or something like that.

Now it looks like $100 for the site, the CCA Manual (and rule book?) And a discount to Honigs... or something like this.

Didnt they used to have a deal where you could sign up for the NCAA site with different deals depending on the level you worked? Ex. D2 was like $100 but you got a $50 Honigs gift card. Or something like that.

Now it looks like $100 for the site, the CCA Manual (and rule book?) And a discount to Honigs... or something like this.

for one year I think it was that D1 was one price and D3 another (I don't know about D2).  But for the past several its been one price.  Now I do know that one group in the Midwest you can join that group and then they sign you up in mass for the NCAA sight.

Sadly I am not in the midwest. So guess I will have to wait. Wonder how long it takes to get the "welcome packet"? A little birdie resently told me that our local meeting might be close to the local Honigs. If that is the case, I would like my coupon/discount before the meeting so I can go before/on break/or after.

I had a membership last year and it was $20 off but with no minimum.  No new rule book this year so you don't need another one of those and I hope this year's CCA manual has more changes in it than last year.  I always buy two so I can keep one in my bag and the other in my "reading room" .  2013 CCA just had a subtle change to 4 and 6 man rotations and reverted back to 2012's check swing mechanic.  I felt a little cheated because all that info was given at the regional but there's no way to preview the book before it comes out so you take a chance.  If you want the videos, Google the video's author (T.H.) and those vids are all through Vimeo last I checked.

Guys if you work college baseball, you'll need to register moving forward even without the perks of honigs, cca, rules book etc just to take the test and to be in their data base.  Yes it is profit generating system for them.  I don't blame them for charging it b/c they're the only game in town really and to umpire college baseball is a privilege not a right.  If you want the info and your not in college baseball it's usually available somewhere else.  But $100 is an expense I'm willing to pay to take my test, be certified and keep my conference coordinators happy.

Guys if you work college baseball, you'll need to register moving forward even without the perks of honigs, cca, rules book etc just to take the test and to be in their data base.  Yes it is profit generating system for them.  I don't blame them for charging it b/c they're the only game in town really and to umpire college baseball is a privilege not a right.  If you want the info and your not in college baseball it's usually available somewhere else.  But $100 is an expense I'm willing to pay to take my test, be certified and keep my conference coordinators happy.

Going forward we were also told there's a sliding pay-scale that will be implemented by more and more college conferences as a way for them to save money, and for longer-tenured (presumably better) umpires to get paid a little more.  But yes, paying the NCAA fee / taking the test will soon no longer be optional.