"The Third Team" - DVD Copy Available.....

KLAH316
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3531 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I would like to add my name to the list.

1. CodyLoe15

2. Bam

3. Larry in TN

4. Typhoon

5. Elares and many thanks to KLAH

6. BRUMP

7. rcjhyman

8. JDavis225

9. mjr2013

10. DVA7130

11. FlaUmp22

12. ohlradio

13. Platejob29

14. CentralOhioUmp30

15. Alex7

16. MajorDave

17. Moe

1. CodyLoe15 

2. Bam 

3. Larry in TN 

4. Typhoon

5. Elares and many thanks to KLAH

6. BRUMP 

7. rcjhyman 

8. JDavis225 

9. mjr2013

10. DVA7130 

11. FlaUmp22

12. ohlradio

13. Platejob29

14. CentralOhioUmp30

15. Alex7

16. MajorDave

17. Moe

18. tjwoelfel13

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are violating copyright laws?

Possibly, but as long as you are not mass producing it, I can't believe MLB would get too upset.  You are enabling what, 20 people to see this program?

No we are not.... This is just one friend loaning a DVD to another friend.

I really don't know how this program is protected by copyright, but I suspect even making the DVD in the first place is infringement. The wording is usually something like "this program may not be reproduced without permission in any form."  Again, it's not something I would be concerned with.  It's not like loaning a book to a friend.  If you photocopied the entire book (which would infringe the copyright), and then gave it to a friend - it would be the same thing.

When Jim Evans put out that very informative, but amateurish cut-rate publication and charged a price ($70) that would normally accompany a professionally written, professionally edited, professionally illustrated and professionally printed textbook, he begged people to photocopy and share it with others at half the price (or less). I didn't take the chance, but I know one guy that I lent it to who scanned it, made a PDF out of it, and emailed it to dozens of guys, many of whom printed it out at the cost that Evans should have charged in the first place. If Evans had charged what the book was really worth, he would have sold thousands of books, instead of having all of them stacked up in a storage unit.

Does anyone know what happened to this thread? I'd still like to see the program...

Untrusty Umpires

Sent Via Telekinesis

Hey, I once sent you an umpire association patch for your collection, and you didn't even thank me or acknowledge that you got it.  :shrug:

Is it because I'm a liberal?

:fuel:

• Like 1

Does anyone know what happened to this thread? I'd still like to see the program...

Untrusty Umpires

Sent Via Telekinesis

Hey, I once sent you an umpire association patch for your collection, and you didn't even thank me or acknowledge that you got it.  :shrug:

Is it because I'm a liberal?

:fuel:

My sincere apologies! I do thank you from the bottom of my heart! (some tell me I don't have a heart :shrug:  )

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3531 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.