"The Third Team" - DVD Copy Available.....

KLAH316
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3549 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

The best way would to email a file. DVDs are dead, man. They're, like, so 2010.

The file is probably to big to email but I can put it on a server and bake it available for download

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Can someone just rip the DVD and upload it?  Snail mailing it to a bunch of people is kind of ridiculous in this day and age.  And if no one knows how to do it, if someone can mail it to me I could rip the video off a DVD and compress it to a small file size that people can download.

• Like 1

Can someone just rip the DVD and upload it?  Snail mailing it to a bunch of people is kind of ridiculous in this day and age.  And if no one knows how to do it, if someone can mail it to me I could rip the video off a DVD and compress it to a small file size that people can download.

Damn copyright laws... :shakehead:

I thought "copy right" means that you have the right to copy it?  Maybe I have it backwards....

• Like 1

First of all, no one would ever know because we're talking about copying it for a small number of people on this board who wanna see it....secondly, it's not being copied to be sold.  If I were able to get my hands on a DVD of it, I would be able to upload a private link for people to view or download and no one would ever know about it except for people who are given the link.

• Like 1

First of all, no one would ever know because we're talking about copying it for a small number of people on this board who wanna see it....secondly, it's not being copied to be sold.  If I were able to get my hands on a DVD of it, I would be able to upload a private link for people to view or download and no one would ever know about it except for people who are given the link.

Oh, nobody knows...that's better. :shrug:

Oh, nobody knows...that's better. :shrug:is it any less illegal than burning it and mailing it around? Not that I approve of what's being proposed, but it's ALL illegal.

MLB hasn't sued me for using their copyrighted video yet, maybe I can rip it and put it on YouTube...?

if I tell you yes, I become an accomplice. :shakehead:
  • Like 1

"Just do it"...Attorney General, Eric Holder's response to a request for clarification on whether mandatory prison terms that he sought, should include minors who violate copyright laws.

"Book em, Dan-o"...Holder told the United States Attorney for the District of Hawaii.

No one will get in any trouble if you just keep it private. The only way you would ever get in trouble is if you share it via torrent sites, or youtube....and even then probably nothing would happen because it's not a major motion picture or TV series....it would just get taken down.

If someone has a DVD copy and is willing to mail it to me, I can rip the DVD and upload a private link that I can send to anyone who wants to watch it.  No one will ever know about it, and if they find out, it's their fault for not making it available for people to watch.

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3549 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.