Mask-It Sports (Powder Coating)

slo8140
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1081 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

13 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Thinking of sending my Rawlings to Tony and doing Gunmetal (as that looks sweet!). Does anyone have a photo of a gunmetal and a titanium mask side by side so I can see the color difference?

Ask Tony, I bet you he has access to a "Titanium" color?

18 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

@Thunderheads and @wolfe_man, I cant speak to how they feel during a game. But I lucked in to a Rawlings Titanium at a really good price (you know... cause reasons). And they came with black Rawlings pads.

They are used but still in good shape. What I like about them is they have that thick pad feel of something like Honigs and All Star. But they have a microfiber covering that is the part that touches your skin.

I'm looking forward to giving them a go this preseason to see what I think. If I like them, I might spring for them for what ever masks I end up keeping.

That's exactly what I was going to ask .... like the Nike pads have!

13 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

This is a pic of black matte (bottom), gunmetal (top LH) and brushed aluminum (top RH).  I think the brushed aluminum looks like a new Nike Ti color.

Mask-It Sports Adidas.jpg

I can only guess, but they look the same. Lol

I have a diamond in matte black and had him do a Nike Ti that I have since traded away in the same color.

2 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

Ask Tony, I bet you he has access to a "Titanium" color?

He does. Had Tony do a Wilson Ti in his Titanium color. It looked like it just came from the factory.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

That's exactly what I was going to ask .... like the Nike pads have!

Yes, I suppose it is. Oddly enough, I didn't like the Nike pads I have had. The Nike pads seemed a lot tougher than the Rawlings pads I have.

2 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Thinking of sending my Rawlings to Tony and doing Gunmetal (as that looks sweet!). Does anyone have a photo of a gunmetal and a titanium mask side by side so I can see the color difference?

Yeah the photo I posted is exactly that...gunmetal on the right, titanium on the left. :wacko2:

The best way I can describe it is it's a dark charcoal gray metallic. Metallicy (is that a word? It is now!) and glossy with the clear coat on it, much darker than a standard titanium. Trust me, you will love it. It's a can't miss.

9 hours ago, blue32 said:

Yeah the photo I posted is exactly that...gunmetal on the right, titanium on the left. :wacko2:

The best way I can describe it is it's a dark charcoal gray metallic. Metallicy (is that a word? It is now!) and glossy with the clear coat on it, much darker than a standard titanium. Trust me, you will love it. It's a can't miss.

Yeah, its funny. If you had just told me to tell you which is which, I would have gotten them reversed. Same with Keith's photo. But I do like the idea of a darker grey. I love the look and color of the Nike. But the light silver was distracting... if that makes sense. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

Yeah, its funny. If you had just told me to tell you which is which, I would have gotten them reversed. Same with Keith's photo. But I do like the idea of a darker grey. I love the look and color of the Nike. But the light silver was distracting... if that makes sense. 

The gunmetal is dark gray and has some metallic sheen in it.  It is an amazing color and will go with about any set of pads (navy, black, grey, tan) well.  I've heard about it a lot over the years, but until you get one in your hands you can't understand how great of a color it is.  Then, when you take it outside into the sunlight - it's a whole new ballgame again!

The brushed aluminum is a lot brighter silver/chrome for lack of a better word.  It is very light and shiny and is more along the lines of a new All Star System 7 mask before it fades, or the color of a new Nike Ti before it oxidizes and begins turning grey.  I got the idea after seeing that @rjdakin had a +POS Zro-G done with it that looked sharp, so I gave it a try too and liked it.

Tony's black matte is also spectacular as you've seen already.

I'm trying his Baby Blue now (@mbkcoach had it done on here) and I'm trying his USA flag wrap this time around.  I was going to do @MadMax's Bay Blue Metallic idea, but i don't think it'd match Smitty shirts close enough so passed.  I think the Bay Blue is more of a traditional powder blue.  I was going to try a digital camo wrap also, but Tony said he's still working on that one for now, but may have it soon.

9 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

It does.

17 minutes ago, blue32 said:

Like these? :P

Que pasa?

The gray pads are here.  They feel just like Nike pads to be me.  The gray is definitely much lighter than the Rawlings pictures.  They are far closer to a Smitty Grey shirt as Greg has already said, but that's okay as that's what I wanted them to match anyhow.  I'll try to get some pics soon and post them.  I don't have any masks to put them on as all of mine are at Tony's.

37 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

Que pasa?

The gray pads are here.  They feel just like Nike pads to be me.  The gray is definitely much lighter than the Rawlings pictures.  They are far closer to a Smitty Grey shirt as Greg has already said, but that's okay as that's what I wanted them to match anyhow.  I'll try to get some pics soon and post them.  I don't have any masks to put them on as all of mine are 

Rawlings gray in a Nike Ti

CCEF7077-7FD8-458D-9124-62F3774DB4F1.jpeg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, blue32 said:

Looks even better with a silver visor.

I'm a big 'contrast' guy, so .... silver w/ gray pads, (or silver w/ tan pads) was/is never my thing ....but this mask would look KILLER in matte black w/ the Rawlings gray pads and a silver visor! :nod: :beerbang

31 minutes ago, Thunderheads said:

I'm a big 'contrast' guy, so .... silver w/ gray pads, (or silver w/ tan pads) was/is never my thing ....but this mask would look KILLER in matte black w/ the Rawlings gray pads and a silver visor! :nod: :beerbang

Something like this?:

5D0E487F-4BE1-44AD-85F8-4EA1B0A73788.jpeg

• Like 2

Something like this?:><a href=https://umpire-empire.com/uploads/monthly_2020_10/5D0E487F-4BE1-44AD-85F8-4EA1B0A73788.thumb.jpeg.eeb751e74156deb4d5e89fd57640c34b.jpeg' alt='5D0E487F-4BE1-44AD-85F8-4EA1B0A73788.thumb.jpeg.eeb751e74156deb4d5e89fd57640c34b.jpeg'>
I think I just piddled a little!!!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

Coming soon!

• Like 2