Mask-It Sports (Powder Coating)

slo8140
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 1080 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

IMG_2792.thumb.JPG.58da7741a3075105fd1ee837fcde442e.JPG

IMG_2795.thumb.JPG.1adf5c60416dc8567509d4b9e8d79902.JPG

Mmmmm... Sky Blue Metallic. Still one of my absolute favorite mask colors. Perfectly matches to the 2016 Sky Blue that Majestic introduced, yet complements both the lighter Sky Blue of the 2010 and “classic” fare, and TheOfficialsChoice’s Bermuda Blue. 

Tony’s Liquid Gunmetal is also really snazzy. What’s nice about it is that it pairs really well with with black, tan, or navy (shudder) pads.

IMG_2732.thumb.JPG.ec9d81f112ff80886e0a5d6f4d2dee59.JPG

IMG_2721.thumb.jpg.936c401e64e2cc7e9a69695e6aee3c48.jpg

1 hour ago, MadMax said:

Mmmmm... Sky Blue Metallic. Still one of my absolute favorite mask colors.

I do love that color!  And anything with bass boat metallic sparkle in the coating is sure to catch my eye and I don't even fish much!  I might have to copy you my friend.

I do have to say add that while I really like all 3 I just got back from Tony, that brushed aluminum one is really standing out to me.

23 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I do love that color!  And anything with bass boat metallic sparkle in the coating is sure to catch my eye and I don't even fish much!  I might have to copy you my friend.

I gotta say though, while I really like all 3 I just got back from him, that brushed aluminum one is really standing out to me.

I'm a fan of the solid medium gray (battleship) ..it's actually just a medium gray primer that Tony covers with a clear coat .....looks really nice!

west vest mask no TG.jpg

1 hour ago, Thunderheads said:

Don't "shudder" at Navy .....

image.png

Hey, I’ve got my for-CDP and for-Ol’Wisconsin mask... navy on navy:

D6395DC1-7F36-45A5-A723-0F723EBA000F.jpeg.359fe37e478c1ace49094369b3e053dd.jpeg

Huh... that’s bizarre. The upload keeps turning it 90°. 

ANYWAY... lookatchyoo Jeff, with yer fancy-schmancy custom-cut visor!

• Like 1

I saw several posts about hydro dipping. Just wanted to weigh in on the durability factor. I had this Wilson aluminum dipped in a carbon fiber pattern by a local shop, and it’s extremely durable. So if you are concerned about that, there’s no need to be. 

3A9CC4AD-D785-4D8A-B552-5F72B9B7E404.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

Just received my pandemic project back from Tony.  I chopped the throat extension off my steel All-Star FM25 and sent it off to Tony/Mask-It for powder coating in gloss black.  As always great service a fast turn around. Tremendous quality finish. This frame has a sentimental place as it is came with my first set of gear.  Everything else has either worn out or was up graded.  

image.jpeg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@wolfe_man, I too am also sending Tony another All-Star Mag4000 to have it done gunmetal. A guy at a camp this weekend had a fit over my 4000 that Tony did a few months back. He said, “let me buy this one from you and you can order a new one.” I called Tony yesterday to make sure he was okay with me getting the order sent directly to him. He said, “send it on.” Tony is such a great guy to do business with!!!  

13 minutes ago, bluetick48 said:

@wolfe_man, I too am also sending Tony another All-Star Mag4000 to have it done gunmetal. A guy at a camp this weekend had a fit over my 4000 that Tony did a few months back. He said, “let me buy this one from you and you can order a new one.” I called Tony yesterday to make sure he was okay with me getting the order sent directly to him. He said, “send it on.” Tony is such a great guy to do business with!!!  

Yes, he's great!  The masks even feel better when you get them back. I had a buddy who just got one down say that to me this past weekend.  He couldn't believe how smooth the masks feel in his hand.

33 minutes ago, EAA_umpire_Sam said:

I had Tony powder coat a mask the was traded to me from @wolfe_man, thanks by the way, I had Tony do it in a copper/bronze color and it turned out amazing. Another happy customer 

image.jpg

That's a good color too.  I like how it came out!

What's your take on the M-Bag from UmpLife?  Is it worth the money in your opinion? Feel free to IM me so you don't have to give feedback publicly. Thanks!

5 hours ago, wolfe_man said:

That's a good color too.  I like how it came out!

What's your take on the M-Bag from UmpLife?  Is it worth the money in your opinion? Feel free to IM me so you don't have to give feedback publicly. Thanks!

I like it, I have several different mask “bags” and it very similar. The only difference is it’s not really a “bag” per say, more of a sleeve, which I really like. Really good quality, overall Ray did a great job, I’d recommend it

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, blue32 said:

Just got my Wilson Ti and Adidas masks back from Tony. Matte black for the Wilson and gunmetal for the Adidas. Tony is a great guy and does outstanding work.

0FBAA9D3-2918-4506-B09F-37DBB58A6700.jpeg

Greg,

Those look great!  Are you using Rawlings pads still or Honig's or something else?

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, blue32 said:

Thanks Keith!

Rawlings. I remove the logo with a seam ripper. They are a great value IMO.

I knew the ones on the Adidas were, but wasn't sure about what was on the Wilson Ti. I have never tried them, but they fit those masks well.  I may have to give them a shot.

5 minutes ago, wolfe_man said:

I knew the ones on the R were, but wasn't sure about what was on the Wilson Ti. I have never tried them, but they fit those masks well.  I may have to give them a shot.

If by chance you happen to order the gray, keep in mind, the actual color is much lighter than the picture on Amazon. I like it, it goes well in a silver mask with the gray smitty shirt, but it's n ot as dark as it looks in the pictures.

and yes @Thunderheads I think they are great. I like the clean look of them as well. Very much like the Nike pads without the swoosh.

• Like 3

@Thunderheads and @wolfe_man, I cant speak to how they feel during a game. But I lucked in to a Rawlings Titanium at a really good price (you know... cause reasons). And they came with black Rawlings pads.

They are used but still in good shape. What I like about them is they have that thick pad feel of something like Honigs and All Star. But they have a microfiber covering that is the part that touches your skin.

I'm looking forward to giving them a go this preseason to see what I think. If I like them, I might spring for them for what ever masks I end up keeping.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

Thinking of sending my Rawlings to Tony and doing Gunmetal (as that looks sweet!). Does anyone have a photo of a gunmetal and a titanium mask side by side so I can see the color difference?

This is a pic of black matte (bottom), gunmetal (top LH) and brushed aluminum (top RH).  I think the brushed aluminum looks like a new Nike Ti color.

Mask-It Sports Adidas.jpg

279C5C40-C4C5-4775-A178-59C66CC1026C.jpeg

• Like 1