Umpire in Chief

Minor League Baseball Umpire Training Academy

I'm thinking of going to one of the pro schools just so I can do D1 college ball.  I turn 40 soon so I am realistic in my expectations of not making it to the majors and that's ok with me.  I already have my MBA, so college degree is not a problem for me. 

This past weekend I try-out for the Collegiate association. We are supposed to know this week..

• Like 2

@RingEmUp

We would love to have you come to The Umpire School this January.  Even though you have a different set of goals than others that are attending and our curriculum revolves around a professional approach, we do our best to teach you everything that may arise.  Our lead field instructor is a former professional umpire and currently umpires D-1.  We would love to speak to you anytime, simply call 877-799-UMPS or visit therightcall.net.  Hope to see you in January.

• Like 2

@RingEmUp Where you been?

Training for regular job plus traveling for weddings and a funeral.  It's been a busy couple months.

MV5BMTEwMTMyNTA4MTBeQTJeQWpwZ15BbWU3MDA4

Good Morning! Trying to choose between schools to attend for 2017. Does MiLB School have live games, and if so- how many roughly? I feel MiLB is a great option with everything on base, just trying to make a final choice.

39 minutes ago, jwclubbie said:

Good Morning! Trying to choose between schools to attend for 2017. Does MiLB School have live games, and if so- how many roughly? I feel MiLB is a great option with everything on base, just trying to make a final choice.

The MiLB Umpire training Academy (UTA) does not do live games. Both UTA and Harry's are good schools, but having attended both, I would give the nod to the UTA. All instruction is done on site, the facilities are excellent, and the atmosphere was great. I preferred the UTA mostly because of the professionalism and the structure. UTA is more organized and the classroom and field training is more structured, IMHO.

I think live games can be a plus, but often in live games nothing remarkable happens in order to test your skills.

You can't really go wrong with either school, but I preferred the UTA.

Hope that helps.