BRUMP

Been awhile....

On 5/28/2013 at 7:55 PM, BRUMP said:

Im interested to know anyone have an ejection quicker than 2 pitches??

I have not had quicker than 2 pitches, but have had one on two pitches like the OP, in a HS varsity game.

First batter, first pitch: double to OF.

Second batter, first pitch (second pitch of the game): single to OF, R2 is thrown out at the plate. R2 slams helmet down onto home plate (think Gronk-spike) and tells me to F-off. Immediately ejected with no argument from the VC. Kid's dad starts yelling at me from the stands, then as they are both walking to the parking lot says that I "...owe him 60 dollars." I still have no clue what he was talking about. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess. 

I guess not.  I just noticed.  Sorry

1 hour ago, Matt said:

I hope you're not expecting an answer. 

I do get a smile whenever I see an old post MST contributed to resurrected. RIP Mike. Hope your enjoying the baseball upstairs.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Ty said:

I have not had quicker than 2 pitches, but have had one on two pitches like the OP, in a HS varsity game.

First batter, first pitch: double to OF.

Second batter, first pitch (second pitch of the game): single to OF, R2 is thrown out at the plate. R2 slams helmet down onto home plate (think Gronk-spike) and tells me to F-off. Immediately ejected with no argument from the VC. Kid's dad starts yelling at me from the stands, then as they are both walking to the parking lot says that I "...owe him 60 dollars." I still have no clue what he was talking about. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree I guess. 

The cost of the helmet, if it broke? Your game fee, assuming he thinks it's $60? The additional pay he would have received had he not ducked out of work early to see his kid be an asshat?

3 hours ago, BRUMP said:

I do get a smile whenever I see an old post MST contributed to resurrected. RIP Mike. Hope your enjoying the baseball upstairs.

Relax. I have his schedule but cannot give it out until 9am on game day like the NBA.

He has the plate tonight, so all is well, and both teams cannot wait to play when he has the dish/plate/stick.

On ‎6‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 5:24 PM, dumbdumb said:

Relax. I have his schedule but cannot give it out until 9am on game day like the NBA.

He has the plate tonight, so all is well, and both teams cannot wait to play when he has the dish/plate/stick.

someday I hope MST and I get that game in together that we always planned to do..........

On 6/3/2019 at 2:13 PM, BRUMP said:

Story about the two elderly ladies who played softball together for many many years. They promised that whoever went first, would come back and let the other one know if there was softball in heaven.
  One lady passes and in a dream the other lady has a visit from here friend in heaven>
  "Please tell me there is softball l in heaven"
Her friend says " I have some good news and some bad news."
 "What's the good news?"
"Well, there is softball in heaven."
"What's the bad news?"
"you're pitching tonight!"
:D

1 hour ago, Stan W. said:

someday I hope MST and I get that game in together that we always planned to do..........

To quote Gladiator...."But not yet"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Stan W. said:

Probably gonna be a 6-man crew. Or, a multi-day tournament.

• Like 1

On 5/28/2013 at 9:55 PM, BRUMP said:

Im interested to know anyone have an ejection quicker than 2 pitches??

Plate meeting. 

Auburn, New York. 1997.  New-York Penn League.  Ejected manager Mike Rojas ("Cookie" Rojas' kid...needless-to-say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) for arguing about something from the previous game in the series.

17 hours ago, lawump said:

Plate meeting. 

Auburn, New York. 1997.  New-York Penn League.  Ejected manager Mike Rojas ("Cookie" Rojas' kid...needless-to-say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree) for arguing about something from the previous game in the series.

Elephants got nothing on you.

Added 6/22

Hope it wasn't about the pitches you called for/ against Roy Oswalt the night before, their future big leaguer.