How do you get dressed for a plate job? Post the order you get dressed in and any superstitions you may have as far as getting dressed (I.E. left/right shoe first)

1.) Compression shorts

2.) Nutty Buddy

3.) Under armor Jock (The one that comes with the nutty buddy I don't like as much as my under armor jock)

4.) Compression Tights (Runners Leggings, whatever you want to call them)

5.) COTTON black crew length socks (Cotton gives better grip to the ankle straps on shin guards to keep them from spinning)

6.) Honigs Poly Wool Plate Pants (Pants unzipped with inner retainer button fastened, outside fasteners undone until shirt is on)

7.) Reebok Field Magistrate Mid Cut Plate Shoes

8.) Boston Patent Leather Belt (leaving belt unbuckled until uniform shirt and chest protector are on) with Honigs Ball Bags (Left and Right Ball Bag)

9.) Honigs k2010-17 shin guards over the tongue of the plate shoes and obviously under my plate pants, ankle plates removed (And if you must know, I put my left shin guard on first, superstitious)

10.) Undershirt (Color of undershirt depending on color of uniform shirt i am wearing that day obviously)

11.) Wilson Gold Chest Protector/ Wilson Platinum Chest protector depending on my mood for the day (Both With Delta Flex Harness and "Peck Pads" removed on the gold)

12.) Uniform shirt

13.) Zip and fasten pants

14.) Buckle Belt

15.) Put plate brush in back right pocket (of my pants, can't stand digging in ball bags for anything but baseballs)

16.) Indicator in Front Left Pocket

17.) Pen in front right pocket (I've kept them in shirt pockets before, a couple foul balls and ruined shirts later I've learned to keep it in my pants pocket)

18.) Walk to field with Wilson Shock FX Titanium in left hand.

• Like 1

I don't have an OCD order that I get dressed the same way each time.....

Usually the shoes go on after the pants though.  :smachhead:

I do however do a "Self Check" for everything before I start walking out to the field to make sure all the parts are covered.

Oh man i can't get dressed at home, i'm just ocd because I have a routine before plate jobs, for whatever reason if something gets screwed up I feel off, I'm not ocd about anything else (besides keeping my shoes cleaned and pants pressed) in my life other than this, just something that I've come to do every plate job...

How do you get dressed for a plate job? Post the order you get dressed in and any superstitions you may have as far as getting dressed (I.E. left/right shoe first)

1.) Compression shorts

2.) Nutty Buddy

3.) Under armor Jock (The one that comes with the nutty buddy I don't like as much as my under armor jock)

4.) Compression Tights (Runners Leggings, whatever you want to call them)

5.) COTTON black crew length socks (Cotton gives better grip to the ankle straps on shin guards to keep them from spinning)

6.) Honigs Poly Wool Plate Pants (Pants unzipped with inner retainer button fastened, outside fasteners undone until shirt is on)

7.) Reebok Field Magistrate Mid Cut Plate Shoes

8.) Boston Patent Leather Belt (leaving belt unbuckled until uniform shirt and chest protector are on) with Honigs Ball Bags (Left and Right Ball Bag)

9.) Honigs k2010-17 shin guards over the tongue of the plate shoes and obviously under my plate pants, ankle plates removed (And if you must know, I put my left shin guard on first, superstitious)

10.) Undershirt (Color of undershirt depending on color of uniform shirt i am wearing that day obviously)

11.) Wilson Gold Chest Protector/ Wilson Platinum Chest protector depending on my mood for the day (Both With Delta Flex Harness and "Peck Pads" removed on the gold)

12.) Uniform shirt

13.) Zip and fasten pants

14.) Buckle Belt

15.) Put plate brush in back right pocket (of my pants, can't stand digging in ball bags for anything but baseballs)

16.) Indicator in Front Left Pocket

17.) Pen in front right pocket (I've kept them in shirt pockets before, a couple foul balls and ruined shirts later I've learned to keep it in my pants pocket)

18.) Walk to field with Wilson Shock FX Titanium in left hand.

Nice routine!  I like it!

• Like 1

Really? This is a topic? This forum is getting out of control if we are seriously discussing how we get dressed.

• Like 6

For non-locker room games:

Starting from scratch at home: left sock, right sock, undershirt, underwear, jock+cup, tights, pants, tee shirt, casual shoes; then I usually stop at corner store for Gatorade (rain berry) some almonds, and gum if needed ( Orbitz sweet mint)

At ball park: put chair out, lay shoes down and unwrap from towel, clean them if not done at home- Left then right, put shoes on left then right, tie shoes left then right, pull up pant legs, shin guards left then right, bottom to top. Chill for a bit... Take shirt off, put chest protector on, left arm in first (left t-hook always set). Clip in right t-hook, put on shirt left arm in first. Tuck and adjust. Zip up. Belt from left to right with ball bags. Check my gig line in the window. . Hat on. Put plate brush in left back pocket and button, decide on which mask. Adjust the cup. Put chair away. Close the hatch. Lock up car and on the way.

Locker room games are pretty much the same minus the car and chair portions, and I start out in gym shorts and a tee shirt

• Like 1

Really? This is a topic? This forum is getting out of control if we are seriously discussing how we get dressed.

There's reasons why some people get dressed the way they do, when I stayed in Cocoa FL for 2 months working games and getting dressed in the barracks with 15 other guys we all discussed how we dressed and reasons why, I.E. putting your shoes and shins on before your pants so as to not wrinkle your pants rolling them up to get your shins on under them and so on and so forth... many of us have routines when we get ready in the morning for a day at work, why can't we have a routine when getting ready to work a game, particularly a plate job?

I will never wear cotton socks again. My shins don't move over my compressions.  I use the Gray Douglas shins.

I think it has to do with my very skinny ankles, I'm 6' 3" and 160 lbs, so my legs are long and skinny, hard to get the ankle straps tight enough to not spin, the cotton VASTLY helps with the shin guards spinning, this may be the shin guard's problem...

If you even think about how you get dressed and need a routine on getting dressed, you have a sever OCD Problem.

My brain figured out how to dress my body a long time ago regardless if it is for umpiring, just lounging around the house or anything else.

Why to much Spincter Retention here.

There's reasons why some people get dressed the way they do, when I stayed in Cocoa FL for 2 months working games and getting dressed in the barracks with 15 other guys we all discussed how we dressed and reasons why, I.E. putting your shoes and shins on before your pants so as to not wrinkle your pants rolling them up to get your shins on under them and so on and so forth... many of us have routines when we get ready in the morning for a day at work, why can't we have a routine when getting ready to work a game, particularly a plate job?

This is so funny.  :fuel:

20 years military service and all the time spent in barracks, tents or under the stars with way more then 15 guys, I never, ever, remember having a discussion about coming up with a routine to get dressed for anything.

Marines always have routines but we never invented one for getting dressed.

Must have been boring during those two months if this was a big topic of discussion.

Oh man i can't get dressed at home, i'm just ocd because I have a routine before plate jobs, for whatever reason if something gets screwed up I feel off, I'm not ocd about anything else (besides keeping my shoes cleaned and pants pressed) in my life other than this, just something that I've come to do every plate job...

Sorry I was kidding, didn't mean for you to take it seriously

Marines always have routines but we never invented one for getting dressed..

Must have been boring during those two months if this was a big topic of discussion.

That would have been an intersting conversation.  "Hey Gunny, I have been watching you get dressed and wanted to discuss the fact that you put your blouse on before you put your trousers on.  How has that been working out for you?" 

"Listen yoohoo, stop watching me get dressed!"

End of discussion

I think it's a good topic to discuss although I don't think we need to know every piece of equipment you own...  A little weird, but a good topic.  I talk about it when I discuss mental preparation at my clinic.  I advocate to get in a routine so you don't end up forgetting something, which will lead to not being as focused during the game.

But...I'm not sharing my dressing habits :no: other than to say I always work left to right :shrug: .

• Like 1

The first thing I do is I pull out The Officials Locker Room. Then I step into The Officials Locker Room. Then I remove my street clothes while in The Officials Locker Room. Then I put on my tights while in The Officials Locker Room. Then I carefully fold The Officials Locker Room and place it in the trunk of my car. This post was brought to you by your good friends at Th_ Off___als Lo__er R__m.......

• Like 1

The first thing I do is I pull out The Officials Locker Room. Then I step into The Officials Locker Room. Then I remove my street clothes while in The Officials Locker Room. Then I put on my tights while in The Officials Locker Room. Then I carefully fold The Officials Locker Room and place it in the trunk of my car. This post was brought to you by your good friends at Th_ Off___als Lo__er R__m.......

Nice plug Chris

How many brand names can you jam into a getting dressed routine? Reads more like an Ump Attire catalog than a guide on how to get dressed

I just get dressed at home and drive to the field!

i get nearly naked in the high school parkig lot

• Like 3

well seeings as it's an equipment forum that's why i put all of the brand names in there. The reason we discussed getting dressed was more of how we get mentally prepared for our plate jobs, i think it all started because one guy was getting dressed and we were telling dirty jokes and he got mad because we were interrupting his routine. This sparked a convo as to how we get dressed and why we do things the way we do before plate jobs. Btw this was at the cocoa expo barracks and anyone who has been there knows that there is no t.v. to watch and nothing to really do while actually at the barracks during the day besides sleep, talk baseball, or drink beer. A lot of the last one was done there. Back on topic though, i figured this could possibly be a combination thread of the equipment you own, your pre-plate dressing routine, and so on and so forth. Didn't think anyone would be so anal retentive about it all.

Sorry I was kidding, didn't mean for you to take it seriously

Figured you were, but i still know people that do, don't see how they can drive to the yard dressed, I would feel awkward... but again that's my routine, it gets me mentally prepared for my game, plate or base job.

Maybe we should rename this thread pre-plate routine? Maybe that would spark more on topic conversation....

Warren

Charge him for the advertising....LOL

Chris, mine is still in my car trunk, just in case it is needed....lol

My tights, compression shorts, Nutty Buddy, Nutty Buddy jock strap, and knee-high socks are already on, under my pants, when I arrive at the field.

While getting everything else ready, I laugh at my partner if he is using an Officials Locker Room.   :D

• Like 2