A quick "scoring" question

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3968 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

R1, R2, w/ 2 outs ....

BR hits a gapper .....  R2 misses third base , defense appeals, called out, inning over.

How is this scored in the book?

(p.s. this is for a parent/coach who was keeping the book last night)

Thanks guys!

Assuming that the F8 came up with the throw, to the cutoff F6 and to the base F5.  I would score as 8-6-5.  Personally, I don't care how they score it in the book, since it was a force out and nobody scores.  LL 4.09(a) exception.

Assuming that the F8 came up with the throw, to the cutoff F6 and to the base F5.  I would score as 8-6-5.  Personally, I don't care how they score it in the book, since it was a force out and nobody scores.  LL 4.09(a) exception.

pitcher had the ball for the appeal though ....does that change ?   throw came from F7 all the way to F2, then to F1 to F5 on the appeal

two parts from rule 10:

Rule 10.09(a)(2) Comment: The official scorer shall credit a fielder with a putout if such

fielder catches a thrown ball and tags a base to record an out on an appeal play.

If a putout results from an appeal play within the natural course

of play, the official scorer shall give assists to each fielder, except the fielder making the putout, whose

action led to the putout. If a putout results from an appeal play initiated by the pitcher throwing to a

fielder after the previous play has ended, the official scorer shall credit the pitcher, and only the

pitcher, with an assist.

• Like 1