Fifth Region Officials Supplies -

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 2906 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

When you are living in Europe (Norway) buying equipment always involves costly shipping, import taxes, handling fees etc. etc.

Fifth Region Officials Supplies have very low shipping cost to Norway and have a descent collection of Umpire Equipment.

Has anyone any comments on Fifth Region Officials Supplies ?  :question1: 

• 4 weeks later...

i don't know if anyone has experienced this...but, their order fulfillment takes an awfully long time. Have made 3 orders so far, the last 2 orders took almost 2.5 weeks to ship and my most recent order still hasn't shipped and the order was placed on April 29 and the charge to my credit card was made on the same day.

I also had a bad experience with having to wait weeks to get my order. Then when it arrived it was wrong size and style. Ordered wool fitted and it came mesh and about 2 sizes bigger then I ordered. I no longer even visit the site. Bad thing is I think they are actually located in my state and about 3 hours away. 

• 1 year later...

Apologies for bringing up an old topic, however I have also had a bad experience with Fifth Region Officials. I made an order of one cap and one harness on July 2nd. I have tried calling and emailing them with regards to the shipment and have recieved no answer or reply. Now 2 weeks later my order still has not been shipped.

I have two words for anyone in the U.S.

UMP

ATTIRE

There's no excuse to order from anyone else. And, if you do, don't bitch about customer service/lead times. You brought it on yourself.

• Like 2

I have one word for anyone in the U.S

Ump-Attire

There's no excuse to order from anyone else. And, if you do, don't bitch about customer service/lead times. You brought it on yourself.

• Like 1

I have had nothing but good experiences with Fifth Region Officials. I can't understand how everybody seems to have bad experiences with anybody except umpattire. I have yet to have a bad experience with any of the companies that I buy umpire gear from, including umpattire, pluspos, fifth region, honigs, btl officials, etc..

Sorry, I couldn't resist.  Always have to make sure to add the .com when referring to us specifically.  For sure we have our share of foul ups, it's impossible not to.  Nothing to do but own up to it, fix it, and move on.

• Like 2

Ump-Attire will get most of my business.  I've had mixed results from Fifth Region with several orders with partially-filled orders, a couple of items back-ordered that never did show up, and one order that was the wrong style shirt.  I've had nothing but absolutely positive experiences with each and every transaction with Ump-Attire. 

In my over 20 years in dealing with Honigs, I've never had one problem with them either; I ordered a plate coat from them back in the 80's and needed the next larger size. I called up and talked to Dick directly about the situation.  I had a game in three days and that wouldn't have given the return and shipment of the replacement enough time.  Dick sent the replacement out that day, and just told me to put the one I had back in the same box and return.  Great customer service!  It's because of that (and I know their polywools are the gold standard) that Ump-Attire doesn't get all my business. I still have the plate coat, but it seems to have shrunk!  It won't fit anymore :wub:

In the past, I have also dealt with Purchase Officials Supplies, and had no complaints with price or shipments.

• Like 1

I just wish Ump-Attire's shipping to Canada was more reasonable. $36 for a cap is a bit much!

<br /><br />Move further south?<br /><br /><br />But... but... but... free healthcare.<br />Define free:D:D

• 1 month later...

One word for Ump-Attire.com,

Paypal

The great things, and there are only 2, about Fifth Region is that they take Paypal and they sell ASA apparel.

Did I mention they take Paypal?

One word for Ump-Attire.com,

Paypal

The great things, and there are only 2, about Fifth Region is that they take Paypal and they sell ASA apparel.

Did I mention they take Paypal?

They would have to raise prices to cover fees

I have to say Ump-Attire has been the fastest equipment I have ever ordered tbh. I needed to make a change to an order I made at 10:00 PM and couldn't call them until like 11:00 AM the next morning to correct it and they had already boxed it for shipping and I just caught it. Almost faster then my local Chinese restaurant that is notorious for giving the same line to everyone, "Ok your order ready in 10 minute, you be here"

I used Fifth Region for the first time this year for some football equipment. Basically I used them because they had the best price on Zig Magistrates by $20. Once they shipped I got my stuff in good order...the problem was it took them 10 days to ship. I was almost to the point of cancelling the order and getting my stuff from a different supplier that I KNEW would ship quickly. Will I use them again? Maybe. Depends on what I need and if I need it quickly. 

• 1 year later...

I ordered on March 7th and still have not received my order.  I hope it's right and before my game Saturday.  Customer service has been awful by phone and e-mail.    Lots of incorrect information.   I will not be ordering from them again.   Ordered due to price and said 1-2 days shipping.   I am going back to ordering through Honig's.