Beginning of the end of umpiring

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4001 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Great promotional idea! Like BalkHalk said, umpires and fans alike will want to see this for themselves.

I sent this link to my Sports and Entertainment Marketing teacher... We're actually right in a unit about Bill Veeck and "thinking outside the box"!

I think this is the same team that used to have a trained pig in a tuxedo deliver balls to the plate umpire.

Plate umpire had “pig treats†in his pocket and the pig had a dual ball bag saddle filled with balls he would bring out to the plate umpire for a treat.

Wonder if the pig rubbed up the balls before the game? Wonder what king of mud he used? If the pig refused was he optioned to a FARM team?

I do remember that one pig would get confused and trot behind the mound if an umpire from Georgia was there.

Comments please

• Like 1