Delta Flex and P210

tldavis19
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3678 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I searched and couldn't find anything about it, but would the delta flex harness work with a Champion P210? I love the cp, just not the harness that comes on it and I was wondering if a delta flex would fit it.

Thanks guys. Like I said, I love the CP just not the stock straps that come with it. I need something that will hold it in place better. it likes to ride up too much and doesn't sit flat on my shoulders or chest.

does it hold it to your body better than the stock strap? I really dont like having the gap between my chest and my protector

Absolutely.  Fits like a glove against the body.  I will snap a photo when I get a chance.

does it hold it to your body better than the stock strap? I really dont like having the gap between my chest and my protector

Absolutely.  Fits like a glove against the body.  I will snap a photo when I get a chance.

Thanks!

I wonder if that gap doesn't give some protection as it slows down the impact before it gets to you.  Without it, the impact might just go straight through to your chest.  just a hipotheses though and its assuming it otherwise fits well.

I wonder if that gap doesn't give some protection as it slows down the impact before it gets to you.  Without it, the impact might just go straight through to your chest.  just a hipotheses though and its assuming it otherwise fits well.

The biggest risk is the CP sliding down because it's too loose, which then exposes the collar bone.  I have mine very snug and got hit on Saturday right in the collar bone area with no ill effects.  The Douglas + Delta Flex did its job perfectly.  If it had been too loose, then it could have been a problem.

I too have the Delta-Flex on a Douglas and once I put the CP on for a game I don't touch it (or really even think about it) until I take it off post-game.  With the old harness I found myself constantly pushing it up during the game, never could get it tight enough or prevent slipping.

I'd almost venture to say that the Delta-Flex harness has been the best $25-$30 I have spent on umpire gear (aside from a good cup)

I'm exactly the same as far as having to adjusting during a game. I'm having to pull it down out of my throat after every pitch because the stock harness won't go tight enough to hold it evenly and still fit over my head

Here are the pics of my P220 and the delta flex.  Much harder to take photos of myself than I thought it would be.  As you can see (hopefully) the delta flex pulls the CP right up against my body and holds it up high and tight over the shoulders and around the neck area.  Once it is on, it stays put.  I never have to move it up or down at anytime.

post-1105-0-93675600-1367411026_thumb.jp

post-1105-0-95315400-1367411028_thumb.jp

post-1105-0-56971400-1367411030_thumb.jp

post-1105-0-64236000-1367411032_thumb.jp

• Like 1

That's exactly what I want. Mine doesn't sit anything like that on my body right now. I see you have tape on your straps, did you have to do that or is that just to keep the ends from flopping and the strap from slipping?

That's exactly what I want. Mine doesn't sit anything like that on my body right now. I see you have tape on your straps, did you have to do that or is that just to keep the ends from flopping and the strap from slipping?

Tape is just to keep the ends nice and stremlined so that they aren't flopping around.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Yes, Yes, Yes...........dragging up & old topic, but looking for more detailed input.  I've been looking at the delta flex harness for some time now.  I keep seing bits & pieces about "adding" to the (i'm assuming bottom) straps, because they are shorter.  WHO reading this got the closest without needing to add?  I mean, the UA site says, something to the effect of "may not fit larger body types", but I'm not sure where that would start.  Let me set the stage before you skinny folks jump on this wagon.  Don't get me wrong, I'm no Jabba the Hut, but my suit coat is a 54" chest, and right about where the straps would go around, is 48".  I'm 5' 10" about 280lbs.   SWMBO is surprised that my thighs are as big as her waist and my calf is 21" (that's a whole other leg guard/plate pants issue) and I need to get back in the gym.  She most lovingly refers to me as being built like the perverbial brick $#!T house.  Therefore, you see my dilemna, when a product comes out as a "one size fits most", I put the research hat on buecasue I get tired of returning things that I REALLY like.

You'll have to add to the straps.  It's certainly not difficult.  Cut a few inches from the straps you're getting rid of, sew them onto the end of the Delta Flex ones, run them through the t-hooks and you're set.

Agreed. The only issue I have had with my DF harness is that the straps are to short for anything besides the S7 CP. But it is their harness and their Cp, so it only makes sense.

I too put tape around the ends so that the t-clips from my Gold stay connected. Only issue I have is that my Gold sometimes sites TO high and I have to pull it down a bit (like what you see football playerw do with their pads on the sidelines while waiting to play.)

Agreed. The only issue I have had with my DF harness is that the straps are to short for anything besides the S7 CP. But it is their harness and their Cp, so it only makes sense.

I too put tape around the ends so that the t-clips from my Gold stay connected. Only issue I have is that my Gold sometimes sites TO high and I have to pull it down a bit (like what you see football playerw do with their pads on the sidelines while waiting to play.)

Actually, the df fits fine on the Unequal. You have to swap out the clips, but other than that it is perfect.

Actually, the df fits fine on the Unequal. You have to swap out the clips, but other than that it is perfect.

Same with the Douglas.

Same with the Douglas.

Same with the gold

Same with the V-Sport

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I had no problems adding it to my P210. I'm 6'0 260 and there was enough strap without having to add any. I do have to tape the ends down so they don't pull back through the metal clips, but I think that's just because the holes on the clips are slightly larger than the DF straps. The DF harness is also very stretchy so it may look slightly small, but part of what makes it great is you can stretch it and when in place it pulls your protector right up against your body without allowing it room to move around.