What's going on in NJ????

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3984 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Can't the coaches control their players. Why the MC unless they (coaches) coach that way. Teach the legal ways and tell the players the easiest way to get kicked off the team is not to comply. Good to see Vinny take care of business by ejecting all those that should be ejected and showing the intestinal fortitude for what should be done in a case like this. Dump everyone and put them all on the bus.

Let's see if the state has the intestinal fortitude to kick them out of the state's this year. Maybe they will learn and put an end to the credence "you can't teach an old dog new tricks".

http://www.app.com/article/20130427/NJNEWS/304270061/Baseball-fight-at-Red-Bank-Regional

Can't everyone just do this if they get upset. Where's the love.

http://www.break.com/usercontent/2009/3/crazy-hilarious-korean-baseball-fight-679663

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This incident is within my association's domain.  Vinny is our interpreter & the state mechanics interpreter (yes, the guy that keeps us using FED mechanics).  I can't think of a better guy to have to deal with this situation.

These are both .500 teams and not going anywhere.

I know both of these coaches.  Neither one coaches this way.  Red Bank played a county tournament game in the afternoon with freshman & JV players.  I am scheduled for the plate at Rumson on Monday.  I imagine they will be doing the same thing.

Vinny smith handled everything correctly. This isn't a criticism but if it was me I doubt I would have been willing to talk to the media postgame. Umpires always try to be nameless especially during a testy game.

This incident is within my association's domain.  Vinny is our interpreter & the state mechanics interpreter (yes, the guy that keeps us using FED mechanics).  I can't think of a better guy to have to deal with this situation.

These are both .500 teams and not going anywhere.

I know both of these coaches.  Neither one coaches this way.  Red Bank played a county tournament game in the afternoon with freshman & JV players.  I am scheduled for the plate at Rumson on Monday.  I imagine they will be doing the same thing.

Thanks for the update. I am proud of Vinny. Hopefully all can work to get the message across that the old days of bowling the catcher over are gone, and at the same time, catchers are taught to give up some of the plate as a tradeoff, otherwise, the catcher gains an unintended advantage in my mind. Actually, giving the point of the plate to the runner actually gives the runner an unfair situation as the front corner is closer. Something fair needs to be worked out, or just go back to OBR and let the players enforce the rule amongst themselves. Something that gives the closest corner 2 both players needs to be worked out.

Was handled correctly, and they are banned from state tourny  which is good, but knowing jersey as I from here some mom and dads will start screaming and then we will see if state will hold to there decision.