Leave it to McClelland...behind the mound

Big Red
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4013 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

This is from a spring training game on 19 Mar...didn't see this posted previously anywhere else, which actually surprises me with all the eagle-eyed baseball fanatics here.

Of course, given the discourse in a related thread, I even hate to go there with this, but what-the-hey...I know I've never seen this in a MLB game before, albeit a spring training game.  What really gets me is Roenicke's comment that they used to do this "all the time in the Minor Leagues." :WTF   I've been to a lot of MiLB games over the years, A thru AAA and never saw this....maybe some others here have.

Good on McClelland and Joyce for keeping the game moving.  Shame the injury to Buckminster...wish him a speedy recovery.  As the article points out, Brewers were rough on the PU that week.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130319&content_id=42990156&c_id=mlb

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This is from a spring training game on 19 Mar...didn't see this posted previously anywhere else, which actually surprises me with all the eagle-eyed baseball fanatics here.

Of course, given the discourse in a related thread, I even hate to go there with this, but what-the-hey...I know I've never seen this in a MLB game before, albeit a spring training game.  What really gets me is Roenicke's comment that they used to do this "all the time in the Minor Leagues." :WTF   I've been to a lot of MiLB games over the years, A thru AAA and never saw this....maybe some others here have.

Good on McClelland and Joyce for keeping the game moving.  Shame the injury to Buckminster...wish him a speedy recovery.  As the article points out, Brewers were rough on the PU that week.

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20130319&content_id=42990156&c_id=mlb

See, close call sports section march 19. Doesn't happen as much as years ago. Buckminster is back to work and has the same thing on his wrist that Fletcher used last year.

it was also discussed on the site adnauseum last week or so ...............  let's not re-hash it too much :angel4:

My bad Jeff...I just saw the thread dumbdumb mentioned.   I've been working games/busy the last 13 days and haven't been on the site until lately...checked mechanics and professional sections, not that one.  I reckon all those fans are right...I am blind!! :smachhead:

Anyway, I agree...NO re-hashing of this one!  :banghead:   So, I have no heartburn with, and will even ask a mod to delete this thread.  Thanks.

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4013 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.