RichMSN

Loading speed

I don't know if I'm the only one, but I figure I'll ask.  I love the site and now that I can turn my attention fully to baseball (except for my college football clinic in 2 weeks), I'll be here all summer.

But the site seems to load SLOWLY for me, especially when I click on the top level Forums tab.  I have 100Mbps download HSIA (I work from a home office and it's paid for by my company) and no other site has such a loading delay as this one (for me).  Is it a bandwidth or capacity limitation on the UE end or should I chalk it up to something else entirely?

Also, another question while I'm here.  In Tapatalk, there's a global "Mark all posts as read" function, which I find incredibly useful.  Sometimes I just want to scan the new content, realize I'm not interested in any of the threads, and mark all of them read, board wide.  In each forum, there's a link at the top of the page that allows you to mark all the messages in a forum read -- I'd like that same link at the global level.  Does it exist already?  If it doesn't, is that something that can be added?

Again, I love the site and am happy to continue supporting it through membership and in any other way I'm able.

Regards,

Rich

Never mind on the request for the "mark all read" link.  I found the "Mark Community Read" link at the bottom of the page.  

Amazing what you can find when you're motivated to find it. :)

I also find the download speed to be slow when clicking on main list of forums. Faster on others. I also have a high speed access. I do not find this on other forums.

I've noticed a slow loading when initially visiting the site, but even the front page seems to load quickly once the initial load is complete for that session.

I never logout and usually keep it open on a tab so I haven't notice slow loading. On Tapatalk my Droid is a 3g so I assume slower loading on everything. 

This happens to me as well. On high speed it takes a little bit longer to load the main UE page than it does any other.

I don't usually have a problem getting to UE, but when I initially log in, it takes about 10 seconds, which can seem like forevvvvver in today's age.

I think I'll live though. :P

me too, ...the TOP LEVEL forums tab that RichMSN is talking about is slow for me too.  However, when I click NEW CONTENT ....boom! :D  I don't get it

I am working on making the forum load quicker. I too notice that the main tabs load very slow if you go to gallery or members or one of the other tabs. 

But I will be working on it.