Sign in to follow this  
JaxRolo

Wide Feet

Ok guys we with WIDE Feet need some help!

We need sources and brands of plate and base shoes.

Seems like this year they are harder to locate.

Please help!

New Balance has 4E, if you are lucky you may be able to locate some old-stock Reebok Magistrates in the wide widths.

Base shoes are a bit easier because you can get black trainers (vs a shoe marketed as a "base" shoe) in a bunch of widths.

Another trick is to size up in a normal width if you can, that will buy some width if you can make it work.

I gotta go with New Balance on the plate shoe as well. I have wide as hell feet, and these work great for me.

For base shoes I custom ordered some Nike Airmax in wide, since off the shelf they only come in D. Yes they were expensive, but they are all black, and the cushioning is fantastic.

Reebok's are too narrow for me as well. New balance are also decent base shoes. They unfortunately are the only option in wide sizes, but I do like NB.

I'm in the same boat, Jax. I have one brand of plate shoe I can wear and that's NB. Thankfully I like the NB but I'd like to try a low top instead. I did try going a half size to a size up on the Reebok shoes and they were longer but still too narrow.

For bases and football, I've found that the Adidas Turf Hogs fit pretty well. I did also just pick up a pair of Nike Trainer 1.3 turf shoes that the NFL officials are now wearing for my football crew's shoe. I went a half size up and they fit like a dream.

I have been a Magistrate wearer for the last 4 years. But now with the Zigs, Reebok has quit making Wides! I don't get it!!

I use New Balance on both because of the width. They're also pretty comfortable as well. Watch out on ordering up a size, that doesn't make the shoe any wider. I tried a field magistrate 4e and they were very tight so I sold them after one game. I went up one size on Under Armour, but the issue I had to do it for was for some reason the length didn't seem to be correct. They fit fine.

I have been a Magistrate wearer for the last 4 years. But now with the Zigs, Reebok has quit making Wides! I don't get it!!

I tried the Zig base shoe last year in my correct size for one game - sold them immediately after.  I agree, don't know what Rbk is thinking.  I replaced my Magistrate plates with NB 460 last year, will do the same with my base shoes when it is time.  Reebok has turned me into a New Balance customer.

I have moderately wide feet. An E/2E at worst. I tried a pair of running shoe Zigs at a store before buying them. Bought a half size up and they fit great. I work baseball, football, and basketball in Zigs. This will be my first year in their plate shoes. Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

I wear a 4E, and the NB plate shoes in that width are great. I hate their base shoes, though, not because of a sizing issue, but because after wearing out a pair each of the last two seasons, I felt like they didn't last long enough.

I wear a 4E, and the NB plate shoes in that width are great. I hate their base shoes, though, not because of a sizing issue, but because after wearing out a pair each of the last two seasons, I felt like they didn't last long enough.

How long do you want to wear a pair of shoes that are taking a pounding on the bases? I highly recommend people replacing their base shoes yearly, just for your feet to have good support.

I wear an 11.5 4E and I've always used NBs.  This year I saw a sale on the old NFL Reebok Quags on Ebay for $49.95 and I jumped all over them.  I love my NB base shoes but if there is any kind of traction question I'm going to wear the Quags for that one.  I nearly took a header in a summer collegiate league game last year and it was just dew on the infield.  Never again!  Also, my NB plate shoes if it's a muddy track are like skates so I bought the old magistrates for mudder days.  Both are just as wide as my NBs.  I just wish that New Balance would put a little more cleat in their shoes.

• Like 1

How long do you want to wear a pair of shoes that are taking a pounding on the bases? I highly recommend people replacing their base shoes yearly, just for your feet to have good support.

Yearly. okay. But to have them wear out before baseball season ends ? Perhaps I'm just too tough on shoes.

• Like 1

I guess I am too.  I can get a couple of seasons at least out of a pair of plate shoes, base shoes are usually worse for wear after one season and do not last a second one.  My base shoes have been Reeboks and the nubs wear off fast on the all-dirt (rock) infields around here.  My next base shoes will be NB, see if they do any better...

I have 2 pair of Reebok Plate Shoes. 1 is 3 years old the other is 2.

The 3 year old one are my Primary. I work 200-300 games a year. Mostly plate. They still look good and the nubs are not worn out.

You guys need to quit dragging your feet!!! :wave:

• Like 1