Happiness is...

th3
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4045 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Last night a coach seeking me out after the game to shake my hand and tell me that was the best zone he has seen all year.

I know stuff coaches say can be taken with a grain of salt. But with me going out the gate and the coach looking for me felt pretty nice. He didn't have to do that.

..........Getting an entire High School Season with your Partner(Who happens to be one of your best friends)

..........Meeting with your Partner for breakfast before your games(Tournaments).

.......AND............Cash on the Field!  :2cents:

:cheers:  :beerbang

• Like 1

..........Getting an entire High School Season with your Partner(Who happens to be one of your best friends)

..........Meeting with your Partner for breakfast before your games(Tournaments).

Brokeback Varsity?

• Like 4

Brokeback Varsity?

Took the words right out of my mouth. I didn't want to be rude!

Brokeback Varsity?

Our assocation goes with the "Don't ask, Don't Tell" Policy.

:jerkit:  :jerkit:

:kissass:  :kissass:  :fuel:  :fuel:

• Like 2

...... Walking out the tunnel at the oldest ballpark in America and taking the stick. The voices of history whispering in your mind. So many of the greats played there. It's almost overwhelming at times.

........................... a perfectly executed rotation, ....regardless if there was a play to be called or not! :nod:
And how! Last year I was a new guy in my group so nobody knew me. I worked the bases with a pretty good umpire on the plate. We had pregamed that on trouble balls with no one on I'd rotate back towards the plate after going out. Sure enough, early in the game we had just that. At the end I'm standing at the point of the plate grinning with the PU at the 3B cut out and the BR on 3rd. There wasn't a call to make but it really is hard to beat a well executed rotation.
  • Like 1

........................... a perfectly executed rotation, ....regardless if there was a play to be called or not! :nod:

And how!

Last year I was a new guy in my group so nobody knew me. I worked the bases with a pretty good umpire on the plate. We had pregamed that on trouble balls with no one on I'd rotate back towards the plate after going out.

Sure enough, early in the game we had just that. At the end I'm standing at the point of the plate grinning with the PU at the 3B cut out and the BR on 3rd.

There wasn't a call to make but it really is hard to beat a well executed rotation.

If you make it you get to kick dirt on the plate.

• Like 1