Snow

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4016 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Just picked up a varsity game for tomorrow 2.5 miles from my house. We took the rotten poles off the field beside my house. They should be back playing there Monday.

I thought it took out some fence, as well?

The fence you are thinking about was the football stadium. It peeled about 80 to 100 ft away from the poles. 

We have lost another day of games to snow. 

St. Louis got anywhere from 12" - 15" of snow on Sunday.  I at least got my 4 game NAIA series in on Friday and Saturday.  Lost a D3 DH to the weather on Sunday and will lose a HS Varsity game today.  It looks like Spring is code 404 "not found....try Florida" until Friday.

Had a game canceled because is snow...........oh wait! Never-mind I'm in Florida!

I hate you :spit:

It's a balmy 45 in greater Birmingham today

I can't wait to do a game in the warmth of a mid-forties afternoon with some sunshine...Oh, wait...I mean...I can't wait to do a game. 

St. Louis got anywhere from 12" - 15" of snow on Sunday.  I at least got my 4 game NAIA series in on Friday and Saturday.  Lost a D3 DH to the weather on Sunday and will lose a HS Varsity game today.  It looks like Spring is code 404 "not found....try Florida" until Friday.

Maybe it'll all be gone by next Tuesday so we can work the game together.

Lost a HS DH scheduled for tomorrow and a NAIA DH on Thursday due to the 8-10" of snow we got here yesterday...hopefully we'll be good to go by Friday.  So far, I've had 8 games rained/snowed out, and only worked 8, so I've lost half my games so far.

I have to say... I've gotten very lucky this year. I've worked something like 15 to 20 games already this year and only lost one to a rainout (the hail game from Friday ended in the bottom of the 4th). Talk about unheard of here in the Pacific Northwest. Last year at this time I only had FIVE OUTS of my season due to all the rain and such. I'll take this over last year any day, thank you very much!

DH today not only went on as scheduled, but it was 60 degrees and sunny in Central Ohio.  :beerbang

It wasn't competitive (a large suburb school vs. a city school), but both coaches only wanted to go five innings each game, so that was nice.

Overall, a very nice day baseball-wise.

Time to sit back and watch some basketball and hope for The Ohio State University to advance to the Final 4.