Badda-bing-badda-____

Jocko
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4051 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I'm on the stick. R2. B3 ropes one into LC. F7 missed cutoff. R2 rounds 3B and digging for home. Throw pulls F2 up the line. I see the train wreck about to happen and key on how R2 handles it. Sure enough, he braces for impact and lowers his shoulder. Badda-bing-badda-BOOM. There was some chirping from Little Johnny's (his name was, get this, Blaze) grandma. :shakehead: Oh, and since they had no more subs, guess what happened :D

• Like 1

Lol. No it was Fed. They were batting an EH with no subs. Think it was the 2nd inning. Maybe 3rd. The other jackwagon coach has no clue how to manage a game. I told his scorekeeper to count Little Johnny as a K every time he comes up. So with R1 & R2, B5 clears the bases with a double. B6 RBI singles. Guess who's B7??? Dumbass could have put them on and only given up 1 run. :WTF

So you dumped a guy on a throw that pulled a catcher up the line when he consciously kept all limbs down and tucked into his body while protecting himself from the impending collision?

negative. I punted a running back who looked to be running linebacker drills. He loaded up and put his shoulder down.
  • Like 2

In FED you can finish with 8 players. 

we did finish. Should have mentioned this was tourney ball. 13U. They were btting their entire roster, 9 + an EH. By rule, everytime his slot came up, auto out.

Fair enough...you were there and I wasn't.

However, EJ report writing is always a POE here and, IMO, if your ejection report was similar to the OP and you have R2 putting a shoulder into F2, don't compromise detail in order to be succint. IE R2 lowered his shoulder anticipating contact, but proceeded to drive it into the (body part) of F2 unnecessarily. This contact was deemed malicious...etc etc.

(This thread is trying to make me think of my last ejection for MC and I can't recall it).

excellent points brought up by ump 24 here. A lot of assigners don't mind the actual ejection it is the lack of details in the report that will get you in trouble. At higher levels like HS Varsity and NCAA, there are suspensions and fines associated with an EJ. If the report lacks all of the facts including rule violations or references, EJ's can and will be overturned which looks bad for the assigner and the ejecting umpire.

Aye, Aye to Fittske's comments.

I have been absolutely inundated with long, detailed emails from all but one of my assigners, and the NCAA Umpiring Coordinator this past week about ejection reports and the detail needed to support the suspensions that come with certain illicit activities mandated by the NCAA rule changes and POE's this year.

I am lucky enough to have never had to answer up to an assigner or a commissioner for any of my ejections but you never know.  

Hint:  They love "quotes" around what was actually said and the use of as many action verbs and descriptive adjectives as you can use without overdoing it.  Example:  Don't use fight.  Use Home Team's #24, left the dugout and participated in the fight.  First he shoved, then punched Visitors #32 while cursing at #32 saying XXXX and YYYY and then ZZZZ.

My two cents.  YMMV.

• Like 1

Fair enough...you were there and I wasn't.

However, EJ report writing is always a POE here and, IMO, if your ejection report was similar to the OP and you have R2 putting a shoulder into F2, don't compromise detail in order to be succint. IE R2 lowered his shoulder anticipating contact, but proceeded to drive it into the (body part) of F2 unnecessarily. This contact was deemed malicious...etc etc.

(This thread is trying to make me think of my last ejection for MC and I can't recall it).

No written EJ report for Jocko to fill out in this case. It was tournament (travel) ball, and all that has to be done is to verbally report the EJ to the TD.

I don't see a problem with the ejection as presented. As far as ejection reports, the more details the better, as long as they pertain to the ejection. Leave out any commentary about earlier events in the game unless there was a warning given. No commentary about what jack wad the coach was oe has been in the past. Also, nothing about what you feel the penalties should be. Reports should accurately reflect incident, as Joe Friday would say,"Just the facts."