HS fees help

UmpTTS43
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5546 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I would like to get some information from other parts of the country. Make sure you are sitting down when I tell you our fees for HS baseball. And this is in a city of 250,000. The city about 45 miles from us has fees that run $45-$55 and they are looking for an increase. Get ready, here they are.

Varsity - $40

JV - $35

Fresh and Reserves - $25

In the small towns surrounding us, we are getting $45-$55 for JV and Varsity. We have been trying to get the fees up now for years. My position all along is to say that we will not work for those fees. Others in the association are concerned that the school system will go to another association, which there isn't one, within 45 miles, that has the certified staff to work HS. Others are willing to work at a lower fee just because "it's varsity ball." I am trying to convey that this is a brotherhood, and that any undercutting or working for less is selfserving and not good for us in the long run.

So, please, if you could let me know what your fees are and in what area. Twould be appreciated. If you don't want to publically post it, I would still appreciate a PM.

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most HS baseball teams in Southern Illinois pay only $40-45 a game. Teams in the Black Diamond Conference do pay $55 which I think is a fair rate.

The other interesting thing is when I work a DH the team almost NEVER gives you more than $30 bucks for the second game.

Should I only pay attention 1/2 the time when the second game only pays around 1/2 price or am I expected to call them both the same?

I had a partner one time that after seeing the cut in pay on a DH check ask the coach, "Which game is the full price game? The first one or the second one?" B)

Our association (NYSBUA) HS fees are as follows, based on the umpires status as an active member or probationary/candidate status.

Varsity Active: $73 Prob/cand: ---

JV Active: $55 Prob/cand: $47.50

Frosh/Modified Active: $47.50 Prob/cand: $47.50

Mileage paid at $0.42/mile maximum 100 miles (only one official can claim mileage, if both drive then split it)