UMMM... WHAT?!? F1 tackles R3

BT_Blue
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4056 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

In all seriousness, these guys are in my association and I haven't heard what they were thinking with all this. My thoughts immediately were that F1 should have been ejected on the spot and R3 scores. My assignor sent this out yesterday evening for discussion.

• Like 1

You guys are killing me with these jokes :spit:

But........on a serious note......

Times are changing. Here we are reviewing VIDEO from a D-III game. It does not matter what level or field you step on, you can bet that 99% of the time that game is being recorded. It puts even more pressure on us as Umpires to not only get the calls right, but be masters in game management as well. It is videos like this one that can make or break an umpires career.

Keep this in mind every time that you step on the field, because your next game  video may be used for training purposes!

:GL:

Ok.. i know both of these umpires... There was an EJ....

someone said earlier it wasn't in the box score ..........

I posted it nothing in the box from the game that matched the final score.  Looked in the others from the weekend, nothing, no ejections.  Unless this school does not post ejections in their box scores, but I always thought there was a line if there was an ejection (with the pertinents like when and who ejected).

I posted it nothing in the box from the game that matched the final score.  Looked in the others from the weekend, nothing, no ejections.  Unless this school does not post ejections in their box scores, but I always thought there was a line if there was an ejection (with the pertinents like when and who ejected).

The Umpire called me last night, I talk to him often...and he did EJ the pitcher after the teams went back to the dugout.

The Umpire called me last night, I talk to him often...and he did EJ the pitcher after the teams went back to the dugout.

I am not doubting you, just wondering why it isn't in the box score.