Florida_Heat

Best Pants for HOT weather

I have looked over all the posts from people talking about umpiring during the summer but everyone only talks about one or two games at a time. I call tournaments all summer, typically every weekend from mid february to mid July and sometimes even into august. I need some help finding the best pants and shirts to wear in the heat. On a typical weekend i will call 9 to 12 games in temperatures flirting with triple digits and upwards of 85% humidity. I understand alot of you like the poly wool pants but you would die calling 5 games in a row wearing poly-wool's. I have found the most breatheable to be the smitty's comfortTech pants and the Dalco shirts. I wore a Majestic shirt for a few games but couldn't stand it. Anyone have any other suggestions?

Wear a pair of compression pants and Gerry Davis pants. The under garments actually feel cooler because they wick moisture and breathe well. They also eliminate the need for anti monkeybutt powder. I call tournamnets almost every weekend from late Feb/early March thru Oct/Nov. 9 is a slow weekend.

Wear a pair of compression pants and Gerry Davis pants. The under garments actually feel cooler because they wick moisture and breathe well. They also eliminate the need for anti monkeybutt powder. I call tournamnets almost every weekend from late Feb/early March thru Oct/Nov. 9 is a slow weekend.

I do always wear a pair of under armour compression shorts but the best feeling in the world after the third or fourth game is to sit on the truck tailgate, wipe my face with some ammonia water and hike my pants up to feel a little breeze. I have found out that in the world of umpire clothing you can either get "moisture wicking" or "breathable", but rarely both. i'm at the point where i need more breathability.

I'm in Florida. Wear polywools and smittys to all my tournaments. No problem with the heat.

I wear my poly-wools in any weather, and I always wear compression pants under my poly-wools.

I think the moisture-wicking compression pant is the key to keeping the lower part of your body less hot.  

I wear Poly-Wools and GD pants. While the GD are thinner, I really do not notice a difference in the heat. And it gets hot in the summer in TX. The Poly-Wools are much more comfortable. In a couple of years I am hoping that is all I own. At the price...you have to stock up slowly.

+1 one on the compression shorts or pants. That is what makes the biggest difference.

Get some Rite Temp Pads and you will feel cool in just about any weather.

I feel the breeze much more with the Davis pants, as they're much thinner. I don't care for those pants, but would sport them in extreme heat, just for that reason.

Long compression drawers keep my shins from sweating, and keeps the straps from rubbing. That's a big plus.

I have looked over all the posts from people talking about umpiring during the summer but everyone only talks about one or two games at a time. I call tournaments all summer, typically every weekend from mid february to mid July and sometimes even into august. I need some help finding the best pants and shirts to wear in the heat. On a typical weekend i will call 9 to 12 games in temperatures flirting with triple digits and upwards of 85% humidity. I understand alot of you like the poly wool pants but you would die calling 5 games in a row wearing poly-wool's. I have found the most breatheable to be the smitty's comfortTech pants and the Dalco shirts. I wore a Majestic shirt for a few games but couldn't stand it. Anyone have any other suggestions?

The best pants to wear is DON'T WORK 5 F&$KING GAMES in a row or in a day!! :wow:  :hopmad:

• Like 1

The best pants to wear is DON'T WORK 5 F&$KING GAMES in a row or in a day!! :wow:  :hopmad:

Yeah, five in a row?  No thanks.  I don't think there's any "cool" umpire pant to help you through 5 consecutive games in extreme heat/humidity.  

Yeah I don't think any umpire pant is going to keep you "cool" for five games a day when it's 100 degrees.  I wear the polywools all summer with Nike Pro Combat tights underneath (On the plate, just compression shorts on the bases), and my legs are the last thing that get hot.  My head is really the only thing that gets uncomfortably hot in the summer.  

It's not about the pants. Get the rite-temp pads and you will feel much better.

Read between the lines gentlemen!