Honigs...Frustrated

slo8140
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4080 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

When I lived in the same town as a Honig's it was nice to be able to walk in and get what I want...ever since I have moved and have had to rely on them to ship me stuff it has been nothing but frustration.

In Texas we have to wear TASO embroidered hats for HS baseball. Honig's is one of the few places that you can buy them. This should be no problem. You place the order. They ship them out. Every season for the past three I have ordered new hats for myself and others. The orders ranged from 5-20 hats depending on how many guys wanted/needed hats.

Everytime the order has been at least a week later than promised on the order date. Honig's Texas is a one day UPS to were I live.

This year I placed an order last Wednesday. 4 hats, one LS umpire shirt, and  a couple of other odds and ends. I was told it would ship last week...I assumed Friday...Thursday if I was lucky....and I would be getting it early this week.

Just got off the phone (Monday morning). Order has still not shipped. Still waiting to put the embroidery on hats (they do this in house). They think it might ship tomorrow...might.

Upsetting. I really wish I could order everything from Ump-Attire...Homerum Monkey also did me right on a recent order. It is a customer service business. Honig's is not new to the game. They just act apathetic to the customers wants/needs. It is almost like they don't even care. I never get that on the phone with Ump-Attire.

I know I've said this before but I've sworn off Honig's unless unavoidable. Sorry you're having issues with them. I know it doesn't help now, but http://officialsports.net/ carries TASO embroidered hats as well.

I have bought from them at clinics. The only reason I did the order from Honigs was the $20 voucher I needed to spend from my NCAA registration. Maybe UA could become the new supplier of those vouchers. I love the $20....just wish Honig's made it easier to spend it.

I are one too.

Sorry to hear the problem's with Honig's Slo. I've never had any problem with ordering myself.

Were you are the Tyler Umpire clinic back in January? I might have met you if so.

I was. I think I was in group D. It was the smallest group and seemed to have the guys in it that worked some college stuff as well as HS. It was a great clinic. They powers that be in our chapter need to do a better job getting the word out. Having 2 Full time MLB guys (Hudson and Barksdale), 1 AAA call up (Lance Barrett), 1 AAA guy, and two lower level MiLB guys was great. The instructor to student ratio was unheard of. Certainly the best clinic for the money I have ever attended. A great 3 days.

I've ordered several things from H in the past. I swore them off when they wouldn't return a convertible jacket I wore 1 time and the sleeve zipper broke. Jim is my supplier of choice.

Guys-you order items that require embroidery at their very busiest time of the year. They are slammed with HUNDREDS OF THE SAME ORDERS. You had all winter to place an order to beat the rush and you waited until the last minute....and you are mad at them! Geez. I promise they aren't sitting around laughing at the dust collecting on your PO, and will ship it ASAP. The Honigs hating on here is so ridiculous-maybe next time don't procrastinate?

• Like 1

I started a thread a while ago after seeing them selling the Wilson charcoal shin guards at $109. They can do whatever they want - heck they can sell them for $1,000,000 if they want. Aaron responded with his opinions but anybody who would pay $109 for those when they are $79 with Ump Attire ($30 more...that's almost 40% more

than UA.)

To me it just shows they are out of touch and don't "get it" anymore.

Guys-you order items that require embroidery at their very busiest time of the year. They are slammed with HUNDREDS OF THE SAME ORDERS.

You had all winter to place an order to beat the rush and you waited until the last minute....and you are mad at them! Geez.

I promise they aren't sitting around laughing at the dust collecting on your PO, and will ship it ASAP.

The Honigs hating on here is so ridiculous-maybe next time don't procrastinate?

The other side of that coin is: They had all winter to get the inventory up to par levels and are now playing catch up after they received the typical amount of annual orders. Sometimes just in time isn't soon enough.

Honigs is a business that should be prepared for the orders at this time of year. Here in Florida FHSAA changed the logo size this year. They knew people had to get all new shirts. We place a big order and it took almost 4 weeks to get the shirts.

Guys-you order items that require embroidery at their very busiest time of the year. They are slammed with HUNDREDS OF THE SAME ORDERS. You had all winter to place an order to beat the rush and you waited until the last minute....and you are mad at them! Geez. I promise they aren't sitting around laughing at the dust collecting on your PO, and will ship it ASAP. The Honigs hating on here is so ridiculous-maybe next time don't procrastinate?

Sounds like the issue is Honig's specifying an actual purchase ship date, then shipping up to a week after that promised date.  That has nothing to do with procrastination on the person ordering.  If they're backed up, state it on the website order.  That's just customer service.

• Like 1