Musical Instrument

No doubt Jeff. They were a "take no prisoners" metal band that did a hell of a live show. Saw them play with Cinderella and Tesla at a festival in Plant City, FL somewhere in my lost decade!

AMEN ....wouldn't classify them as metal though ...... although "Mindcrime" did push that limit :D ....... more hard/rock/progressive

I saw the "EMPIRE" tour ........the one where they also did Operation: Mindcrime in its entirety!  AMAZING !

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Funny story My son and his buddies were playing guitar hero. I watched for a while and decided to give it a go. Man, I was TERRIBLE. I believe it was a Mötley Crüe song. The laughed at me and made

BRUMP, I have just 3 words for you....... STEVIE RAY VAUGHAN http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=OEJh2FFUUoU&feature=related Nuff said

You DO realize, don't you, that mjr_2013 and I get co-writer credits for this thread, right?

Posted Images

Metal is more just my generic term for most of that era though I should be more specific. I would defenitley go with hard rock. And u nailed it, Mindcrime was AWESOME!

All of a sudden I have a twitch, I'm gonna have to go dig and find some Panterra! Got an idea for us metal heads too, I will start a new topic tonight when I'm not stuck on this phone!

• Like 2

these guys were a part of it all too!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHapAsmvGEU

Thunderheads, you're on top of my all time favorite bands I've neglected to mention in posts. HUGE QR fan. I've seen them countless times. 1st time was '85 in a small club in Nyack NY. They played the entire "Warning album, and the 4 songs off the debut EP. "The Lady Wore Black" off that EP was outstanding. Saw Mindcrime tour, and many many others along the way. Last time I saw them was fall '11. Jeff DeGarmo has been gone for a while, making them not quite the same. Recently Jeff Tate has left the band also. I missed him this past October when he played a :solo" show with a new band in my area. 

these guys were a part of it all too!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EHapAsmvGEU

Thunderheads, you're on top of my all time favorite bands I've neglected to mention in posts. HUGE QR fan. I've seen them countless times. 1st time was '85 in a small club in Nyack NY. They played the entire "Warning album, and the 4 songs off the debut EP. "The Lady Wore Black" off that EP was outstanding. Saw Mindcrime tour, and many many others along the way. Last time I saw them was fall '11. Jeff DeGarmo has been gone for a while, making them not quite the same. Recently Jeff Tate has left the band also. I missed him this past October when he played a :solo" show with a new band in my area. 

:hi5:

*********** Hijack Alert **********

Little late on that call! C'mon Blue your better than that!No I'm not! (Kudos to whomever posted that in another topic!)

Started playing bass guitar when I was 13 or 14. Have continued to play ever since, playing in a handful of different bands, my favorite being a blues/rock group. My 15 Y/O son got a bass for Christmas this pat year, and is following in my footsteps.

Maybe the best years of my life.  

Got to travel to Europe, Australia, Japan and 28 states.   Rose parade, Macy's, Hollywood Xmas parade.  Got paid musicians wages ($75/hr in 1990) to pretend to play a horn in movies like "Hero" (1992), "My Blue Heaven" (1990) and lots of TV.   I played second chair to Biff (Tom Wilson) from Back to the Future in a low brass group.  

248791333_660aad510d_m.jpg248791315_918d55abe1_m.jpg

I was a Drum Major and met my beautiful wife in band, too. 

11837_1243429320926_1112051_n.jpg

Those were the days. 

• Like 3

Maybe the best years of my life.  

Got to travel to Europe, Australia, Japan and 28 states.   Rose parade, Macy's, Hollywood Xmas parade.  Got paid musicians wages ($75/hr in 1990) to pretend to play a horn in movies like "Hero" (1992), "My Blue Heaven" (1990) and lots of TV.   I played second chair to Biff (Tom Wilson) from Back to the Future in a low brass group.  

248791333_660aad510d_m.jpg248791315_918d55abe1_m.jpg

I was a Drum Major and met my beautiful wife in band, too. 

11837_1243429320926_1112051_n.jpg

Those were the days. 

First off you wife is lovely! 

Are the stories about Band Camp true? My only interdiction to them was through the movie American Pie?

• Like 2

I was bought a 3 pc. drum kit (because Mom wanted a musician in the family) when I was 9. It sat collecting dust until after an epic "Axis and Allies" board game all-nighter ended with a buddy challenging me to play along with the song Balls to the Walls by the band Accept (1980's metal reference). Realizing that I didnt do too bad I started to take this "drum" thing a bit more seriously. Graduated in 1992, by 1996 I was in the back of a van traveling around North America initially playing 1900's metal music early on. Then getting a gig working as a full-time Rent-o-Drummer for a blues band in norther WI. Finally finishing up the bulk of my years playing, writing, and producing punk music (HELL YEAH!!!!) for the remainder of my 20 years with these guys (RATTBELLY). I am obviously on drums and the dude with the "Anglo-Fro" on guitar is my bro (even though he is a YUPPER) who started it all with me. When this journey was done the two of us established a greater regional punk act that took us to every "Dive, Ghetto, Burro, Etc, Etc" in the major cities of the  lower 48. We eventually ended up owning our own fully operational recording studio LLC in Madison WI that did very well until it was time for me to move on. This fairy-tale came to an end around 2005 for me when I got domesticated by a ladyfan ... God I miss the old days!!!

82355523_f090a848a4_z.jpg?zz=1

1900s metal? Wow. You guys were WWWAAAYYY ahead of your time!

Never got the whole punk/pretty in pink/valley girl thing

Never got into the punk scene either. But Accept rocked :rock  :beerbang  :rock

Saw Ratt and Billy Squire in concert when I was a teenager. Ratt out of the cellar was hot at the time. You rememer that album? Anyway, Ratt sucked live, but Billy Squire, believe it or not, was amazing on the axe. Dude can shred.

1900s metal? Wow. You guys were WWWAAAYYY ahead of your time!Never got the whole punk/pretty in pink/valley girl thing

I actually played in a punk/new wave band in the early 80s....I KNEW I knew you from somewhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0_Pq0xYr3L4&sa=U&ei=8KApUbuUK4-vqQHgiICwBg&ved=0CCsQtwIwAA&sig2=XtGJrfe-RUrbmpvyaru4NA&usg=AFQjCNFf2YHL9uAO5eazvjUOee62eDVn4g

1900s metal? Wow. You guys were WWWAAAYYY ahead of your time!Never got the whole punk/pretty in pink/valley girl thing

I actually played in a punk/new wave band in the early 80s.... I KNEW I knew you from somewhere!

http://www.youtube.com/watch%3Fv%3D0_Pq0xYr3L4&sa=U&ei=8KApUbuUK4-vqQHgiICwBg&ved=0CCsQtwIwAA&sig2=XtGJrfe-RUrbmpvyaru4NA&usg=AFQjCNFf2YHL9uAO5eazvjUOee62eDVn4g

"I Ran"....great song...