New base shoes

Thunderheads
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4084 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• 2 weeks later...

Honestly, the shoes do look pretty awesome, but I don't think i'll be buying them anytime soon just because they are a little too "big league" had a few conversations with some MiLB guys and they even discourage wearing the black and white zigs, the way they put it is that when you draw attention to yourself like that you are only asking for trouble which makes a lot of sense, i'm honestly starting to see everyone's hatred of the black and white zigs, i'll probably just wear the reebok field mags and the older style new balance base shoes that I have.

Honestly, the shoes do look pretty awesome, but I don't think i'll be buying them anytime soon just because they are a little too "big league" had a few conversations with some MiLB guys and they even discourage wearing the black and white zigs, the way they put it is that when you draw attention to yourself like that you are only asking for trouble which makes a lot of sense, i'm honestly starting to see everyone's hatred of the black and white zigs, i'll probably just wear the reebok field mags and the older style new balance base shoes that I have.
Gotta play the game.

Ump Attire had a bunch of pictures from The Umpire School on their Facebook page and a good number of the students there had the black and white Zig base shoes on at umpire school.  Just saying.

Ump Attire had a bunch of pictures from The Umpire School on their Facebook page and a good number of the students there had the black and white Zig base shoes on at umpire school.  Just saying.

Base shoes are one thing.....but the Black and white zig plate shoes are another story....

Base shoes are one thing.....but the Black and white zig plate shoes are another story....

What's the difference?  In the grand scheme of things, if the Zig black/white base shoes are okay, why aren't the plate shoes?

What's the difference?  In the grand scheme of things, if the Zig black/white base shoes are okay, why aren't the plate shoes?

This is just a guess, .........but I'd venture to say that it's because a plate ump gets a lot more attention, and more eyes would be on him than a base ump ...... but I could be wrong......

What's the difference?  In the grand scheme of things, if the Zig black/white base shoes are okay, why aren't the plate shoes? This is just a guess, .........but I'd venture to say that it's because a plate ump gets a lot more attention, and more eyes would be on him than a base ump ...... but I could be wrong......

Bingo!