Youtube Coach Ejection

grayhawk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4125 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

2 lazy umpires.. Bu needs to move across working area for the play at 1st... Pu need to take his bucket off during a play when the ball was hit...

Exactly....

This is a perfact example of how "handling situations" starts the moment you step on to the field. This is why you hustle on the field, you keep your uniform crisp and clean, you speak in a calm yet authoritative manner..etc. if you take this approach from the start, by the time a knotty play or situation occurs, you have already established your credibility. If you go out on the field acting like mr. "lazy umpire", expect the head coach to give you grief everytime something doesn't go his way.

• Like 1

LL in 60 ft specifically disallows coaches from wearing uniforms, 90 ft they are allowed but not required. In fact I only know one coach in my area that does. Pony allows coaches to wear team uniforms but doesn't push it either.

You can't see the ball lodge but it seems that the PU called it off the catcher telling him, not actually seeing it. That may be why the BU got into it so early, he may have seen it. The PU needs to work on explaining his calls, don't demonstrate, simply explain it. If he did call it because the catcher said it was out but didn't actually see it then he needs to work on getting back and following the ball.

As to handling the situtation. I am not sure why the coach was ejected, other than he raised his voice and argued with the ruling. If PU had handled him properly, this shouldn't have led to an ejection. Might it have been different if the following had occured?

Any time an individual is this demonstrative, they need to be shut down. If they want to be mad, they can be mad, but they are not going to be allowed to pace, wave their arms in the air, etc. And you sure as hell aren't going to allow them to start waving a finger in your face during an argument, especially if it proceeds the above.

The ejection is justified but obviously mishandled.

Oh. And if you want to argue with me, you're not coming on the field unless you're in proper uniform.

So if a league allows coaches to dress as they please, you will not allow them on the field to discuss a call, because they are not in "proper uniform" ?

You guys have leagues that allow street clothes on the field?

And you guys say Canadian rules are weird...

I've never seen a coach in uniform in rec ball, only seen it a handful of times in travel ball, about half the time in middle school ball, most but not all the time for JV ball, and pretty much all the time for varsity school ball.

I've never done a game other than high school with coaches in uniforms. Most leagues I do, coaches/managers wear casual pants/shorts and matching polos with team logos/colors. The more I think about it, seeing some of the LL managers/coaches I know in uniforms would be pretty funny...Maybe add some entertainment value to doing rec league games! :rollinglaugh:

• Like 1

You can't see the ball lodge but it seems that the PU called it off the catcher telling him, not actually seeing it.

Of course he didn't see it. As the camera moves to the right, the PU is still in his plate stance.

• Like 1

You can't see the ball lodge but it seems that the PU called it off the catcher telling him, not actually seeing it.

Of course he didn't see it. As the camera moves to the right, the PU is still in his plate stance.

with his bucket on

the I.I.Q (idiot in question) is obviously from the New York area, I can recognize the accent. Being from the area i recognize the base ump as a HS Varsity Official, numbers and patch. The plate ump is horrible, I can surmise his lazyness by this video.

I wouldnt walk toward the coach/dugout at all, I make them walk to me, unless Im quieting them down in the dugout. getting into an arguement with a coach who obviously doesnt know the rules is fun and should be made so. This is why I wont do youth ball. Players should be on the field and parents and coaches should be offiste in a building watching on a monitor.

While I agee, lazy PU probably didn't help the situation ....

His assessment, and announcement of the call is half-assed, and that (on top of him seeming lazy) probably set the coach off. Not supporting the fact that the coach was right, he should have been tossed, but could have been prevented by utilizing BASIC proper umpiring skills like Fittske pointed out.

:shakehead:

2 lazy umpires.. Bu needs to move across working area for the play at 1st... Pu need to take his bucket off during a play when the ball was hit...

Exactly....

This is a perfact example of how "handling situations" starts the moment you step on to the field. This is why you hustle on the field, you keep your uniform crisp and clean, you speak in a calm yet authoritative manner..etc. if you take this approach from the start, by the time a knotty play or situation occurs, you have already established your credibility. If you go out on the field acting like mr. "lazy umpire", expect the head coach to give you grief everytime something doesn't go his way.

so endeth today's lesson in Umpiring 101

the I.I.Q (idiot in question) is obviously from the New York area, I can recognize the accent. Being from the area i recognize the base ump as a HS Varsity Official, numbers and patch. The plate ump is horrible, I can surmise his lazyness by this video.

I wouldnt walk toward the coach/dugout at all, I make them walk to me, unless Im quieting them down in the dugout. getting into an arguement with a coach who obviously doesnt know the rules is fun and should be made so. This is why I wont do youth ball. Players should be on the field and parents and coaches should be offiste in a building watching on a monitor.

This why I love the CDP setup.no parents or coaches near home plate area.

Should be illegal to have anyone behind home plate fence.

• Like 1

U-Trip tourneys in Louisiana, folks in lawn chairs 15' behind the dish smoking and drinking. It was hilarious. They sold beer in the cstand. Gotta love dem coon-asses!

U-Trip tourneys in Louisiana, folks in lawn chairs 15' behind the dish smoking and drinking. It was hilarious. They sold beer in the cstand. Gotta love dem coon-asses!

Any tourneys at Big League Dreams Parks and others that have a Sports Bar all have issues with parents drinking during youth games.....

Wow. Incredible. Asking for trouble.

Wow. Incredible. Asking for trouble.

Nah. It's a hoot. Them cajuns partying it up and havin a good ol time. Baseball is the excuse to party. They are hilarious and ALOT of fun to be around.

Is it bad if the parents drink during the game? I mean don't most of you have a beer or two as you change into your uniform? Is this not a country wide practice to have a few roadies before we hit the field?

Is it bad if the parents drink during the game? I mean don't most of you have a beer or two as you change into your uniform? Is this not a country wide practice to have a few roadies before we hit the field?

I mix orange gatorade and grey goose. On field screwdriver!
  • Like 1

I'm going to take this as a joke.

The proper protocol is for the HT to provide pre-game and the VT provide post-game brewskies!