Youtube Coach Ejection

grayhawk
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4125 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/29f82q3XSms?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I am copying the embed code from Youtube, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Don't know where this game it, but it appears to be a Juniors LL game. Comments on the ejection and how the umpires handled the situation?

HP umpire does way to much talking. If I had to guess the BU has much more experience and the PU is relatively new because he seemed reluctant to pull the trigger. BU felt he needed to keep his partner from getting railroaded.

Are they writing a freakin novel there or what? BU should have stayed well clear of the whole thing and just played rodeo clown as needed, he gets into the Conversation and just gets the coach that much more enflamed. Let the PU handle his business one way or another and stay near by in the event you need to intervene, but stay out of the conversation, otherwise your guilty of doing exactly what we tell the Asst. Coaches not to do which is double teaming (or appearing to) the manager.

Experience doesn't matter here, he's gotta learn one way or another, and running around holding his hand ain't gonna help him learn (assuming that was the case). Keep in mind these are two older guys, if we are talking about a young kid as a partner your obviously going to have to be a little more diplomatic.

Umpires shouldn't be yelling and giving those mannerisms and emotions, it makes them look just as bad as the coach. Use words without screaming, and then when a video of your argument is recorded by an 8 year old and put on Youtube, it looks like the coach is a buffoon while you are calm, cool, and collected.

It needs to be the PU that handles the situation and makes the ejection, the BU making the ejection makes the coach have two enemies instead of one... Not to mention the coach was walking towards his dugout when the BU made his first comment. I'm sure he would have come back anyway, but yikes.

It needs to be the PU that fills out any reporting. He should be writing, not peeking over the BUs shoulder. I couldn't really tell what happened, but I know it was the PUs call. His call, he saw it, he needs to be the one to tell the story.

And then also, WTF is he doing reading the report out loud? He is either playing to the camera/crowd or rubbing it in the coach's face, both of which are completely unnecessary.

I don't know what the BU was talking about when he said "confined to your dugout". He's either ejected or he isn't... You didn't say "You're confined to the dugout!" You said "You're outta here!!" Pretty large difference.

--Bonus content to Youtube uploaders--

If you're going to record baseball, record baseball. We don't need to see an ultra closeup of your face or your constant play-by-play or beliefs on the situation. This video only had one of the three, so it's above average... At least it's not that Yuba City brawl video bad :banghead:

OK, my 2 cents.

The coach needs to go, and the umps need to clear the field of players until he leaves. The ump made the call, it was lodged and that's it. PU, "Ball was lodged in my judgement, Coach, please return to your dugout." BU, needed to remain at 2nd. I agree with other, he only needs to come IF he is going to be rodeo clown and walk coach out. BU states, "I don't WANT you yelling at him"??? Really?!

OK, interesting video. No comment on videographer, since he was like 10

http://youtu.be/29f82q3XSms

I am copying the embed code from Youtube, but it doesn't seem to be working.

Don't know where this game it, but it appears to be a Juniors LL game. Comments on the ejection and how the umpires handled the situation?

Fixed it

I wanted others to respond before I posted my comments:

First, the coach is an idiot, and doesn't know the rules. Big surprise. A pitch that becomes lodged is a one base award from TOP. So R3 is awarded home. Not sure what they were talking about with respect to F2 putting his hands up or not - irrelevant.

As to handling the situtation. I am not sure why the coach was ejected, other than he raised his voice and argued with the ruling. If PU had handled him properly, this shouldn't have led to an ejection. Might it have been different if the following had occured?

PU awards R3 home. Coach asks why. PU says, "the pitch was lodged, which is a one base award from time of pitch, so R3 scores." Coach begins to question it, and PU listens without interrupting. If the coach starts to yell, the umpire can simply say, "Coach, I am listening, there is no need to raise your voice." Once coach is done, PU informs him that F2 throwing up his arms, or whatever else coach brings up that is incorrect does not have a bearing on the award. Please return to the dugout so we can resume the game. If coach persists, PU should warn that if he doesn't return immediately, that he will be ejected for delaying the game. If coach doesn't comply, then he is gone. Ignore the inevitable parting shot as long as it's not personal/profane. At no time is it necessary for PU to raise his voice. Maybe the coach ejects himself anyway, but proper handling of this situation could have prevented it.

All the while, BU should be within earshot to listen and observe, but say nothing. If PU ejects, then BU can come in, if necessary, to be rodeo clown.

• Like 2

Ok, I can see BU walking to within earshot of the conversation, but he should stand there with his hands behind his back saying nothing. When he does step in, he walks HP away from the coach?????????? :WTF:

And why delay the game to write an EJ report? These dudes are retards of the first water.

Ok, I can see BU walking to within earshot of the conversation, but he should stand there with his hands behind his back saying nothing. When he does step in, he walks HP away from the coach?????????? :WTF:

And why delay the game to write an EJ report? These dudes are retards of the first ORDER.

Fixed it for ya....

As to handling the situtation. I am not sure why the coach was ejected, other than he raised his voice and argued with the ruling. If PU had handled him properly, this shouldn't have led to an ejection. Might it have been different if the following had occured?

Any time an individual is this demonstrative, they need to be shut down. If they want to be mad, they can be mad, but they are not going to be allowed to pace, wave their arms in the air, etc. And you sure as hell aren't going to allow them to start waving a finger in your face during an argument, especially if it proceeds the above.

The ejection is justified but obviously mishandled.

Oh. And if you want to argue with me, you're not coming on the field unless you're in proper uniform.

BU entered the discussion without provocation. If I'm the PU, I'm jumping him between games for coming in and stepping on my d*%$. He should have stayed a respectful distance away, listening, but not becoming part of the discussion. The coach got tossed BECAUSE of the Bu's entry into the discussion, IMHO. Makes me wonder if there is a history between the coach and the BU.

PS: Coach is a moron. That is all.

Any time an individual is this demonstrative, they need to be shut down. If they want to be mad, they can be mad, but they are not going to be allowed to pace, wave their arms in the air, etc. And you sure as hell aren't going to allow them to start waving a finger in your face during an argument, especially if it proceeds the above.

The ejection is justified but obviously mishandled.

Oh. And if you want to argue with me, you're not coming on the field unless you're in proper uniform.

So if a league allows coaches to dress as they please, you will not allow them on the field to discuss a call, because they are not in "proper uniform" ?

• Like 2

And why delay the game to write an EJ report? These dudes are retards of the first ORDER.

Fixed it for ya....

don't read much W.E.B. Griffin, huh? He's been sayin that since god made little apples.
  • Like 1