Jump to content

Mask Porn?


Rook23

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, BT_Blue said:

You  ask me, this is the only mask it would be a crying shame to cut off the extention. It's what makes the Rawlings unique.

By that same logic, the 0° rake on a “true” Nike Icon chin guard (no rake = straight down) is what makes an Icon unique… and distinguishable from all the other imitators! 

I cry each time @tpatience wields his hacksaw. 

  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/11/2022 at 8:40 AM, MadMax said:

Oh, the navy and black looks… unique… sure. But if it’s acceptable for this, then why can’t we wear navy umpire shirts and black hats? 🤔

Who says I don't wear navy shirts and a black hat?

giphy.gif

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...
On 4/17/2021 at 3:09 PM, MadMax said:

I call shenanigans. All-Star hasn’t changed or altered that top pad (yet), and there isn’t a motive for them to do so. The current top pad interfaces better with a hard hat (skullcap or Skuly, whichever), and while they’ve done more for umpires lately, they still are not under any obligation to do so since they are not the Official®️ supplier. 

@Stk004 has gone to thorough lengths to outfit his masks with con-cushions; I’d think he’d be the first to know if/when All-Star puts a plate in their top pad. 

I know you’re now a CTD for All-Star, Arik (I’m not saying this snidely), but they’re not going to make you a more-robust forehead pad and not tell anyone. 

Sorry my friend but I think he is talking about the Force pads not the all stars! 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Scale of one to ten, how sexy are these? Let me know what ya think Ump’s? Something You could pull the lawnmower to or yank that Weedwhacker chain back on lol, that’ll put em out! and make ya call em out!!! Lol strike 3! A8B02D24-69D1-45A5-987B-E65B37ABCA29.thumb.jpeg.4eb373dc6510e5036d08f694c68ca988.jpeg

Ump,

Nick

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/5/2022 at 7:15 PM, Ump Nick said:

Scale of one to ten, how sexy are these? Let me know what ya think Ump’s? Something You could pull the lawnmower to or yank that Weedwhacker chain back on lol, that’ll put em out! and make ya call em out!!! Lol strike 3! 

Ump,

Nick

How do you like the Evoshield HSM? Been eyeing that one for a while.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, 834k3r said:

How do you like the Evoshield HSM? Been eyeing that one for a while.

Hey Man! I loved it! But unfortunately I feel more comfortable with the Wilson mask, that one there in the picture (Evoshield) is actually brand new, never used, still have the tags hooked up and everything! I can send you some better pictures if you’re interested. And probably give you a really good price for it, bc I got it for really cheap and it’s just taking up too much space in my bag. To let me know, I wore my old one which was an all black Evo hockey for about 75 games last season, hands down the best HSM! when the ball makes contact with your head it doesn’t smack, it just kinda bounces off like it does off of the real good catches masks with the replaceable wrap around pads, that the guys in the show wear! Let me know And we can talk about a price I’m willing to do like $60-$70 off if you’re interested Blue! Talk soon.

 

Ump,

Nick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, BT_Blue said:

You have three Wilsons sitting there. Looks like a black and a silver Dynaluminum and a Titanium.

Which is your go to?

BT_Blue what’s up my guy! The go to…. Is the Titanium! got that clean classic look. On the other hand, the silver dyna-alum. looks so sharp on the field as well but not the best if you like to keep the low profile. I do like to use my Blacked out black lol Wilson dynalite, with the sun visor, for night games bc it gets real warm behind the dish wearing that one when it’s hot out even with the memory foam pads. The visor also helps with the poorly placed lights that are on some fields, where it does it’s job perfectly for those late ones and blocks those damn lights enough that I don’t worry about seeing the little star spots when you blink, which would happen time to time with other masks when in the process of tracking a fly ball ya know. Hope that’s some good feed back! Thanks for ur comment friend! 
 

Ump,

Nick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, NicNag said:

I would love the silver Dyna-alum but no where to be found. I think discontinued. I have it in black with some Wilson tan leather pads. Nice lite and strong mask. 

Yes, brother discontinued, seems to be Wilson’s thing this year. They discontinued a bunch of good stuff they made in the passed. The “New View” looks like it’s the one to go with now. But the black one is sharp u got that right. Always gotta have at least one (black or dark colored) mask, in ur arsenal!

Ump,

Nick 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/13/2022 at 7:34 AM, NicNag said:

I would love the silver Dyna-alum but no where to be found.

Ahem-heh-hemmmm... 

You're unable to find a silver DynAlum for sale? You don't say... Huh! I happen to have one right here, and as everyone on U-E is aware, I'm no fanboy of Wilson. 

I can even do you one better. This isn't just a stock silver DynAlum... this is V1 DynAlum (with rounded ear guards instead of the recent angular ones), and it was custom re-coated by MaskIt in bright "BMW" silver. I would sell it to you as frame-only at one price-point, or with brand-new Wilson MemFoam pads and a harness (I might have a harness lying around... I'll have to dig) at a slightly higher price-point. 

PM me if interested. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/7/2022 at 9:52 AM, 834k3r said:

How do you like the Evoshield HSM?

Tried it on and took photos:

evoshield_proSRZ_worn.jpg.4b73707912bd547e33b0ae897a0fc07f.jpg 

evoshield_proSRZ_black.jpg.aa2857f67298151c41ed86bdaba5f959.jpg 

evoshield_proSRZ_charcoal.jpg.2494f1816bf882b7eb0d7393aa2f8be6.jpg

It's an exceptional unit, as HSMs go. Equipped with WindPact pads internally, it's easily the "most protective" HSM on the market. All-Star MVPs still have the edge on affordability, quality of construction, and geometry (All-Star is the most popular HSM in the professional and college games for a reason), but this EvoShield has it beat on internal padding. For some reason, which I can only surmise has to do with how penny-pinching, miserly cheap EvoShield's parent company is, the cage... is solid steel (and unnecessarily heavy). 

Oh yeah, EvoShield's parent company? Wilson. 🤨 

Now, let it be known... the Wilson Pro-Stock is a decent, serviceable catchers' HSM. It's on par with any of the "frontline" catchers' HSMs – All-Star, Easton, and Mizuno. Well, the EvoShield Pro-SRZ HSM and the Wilson Pro-Stock share the same shell planform. However, while the Wilson Pro-Stock HSM is not a mask I'd recommend to umpires, it seems that the EvoShield shell was cast a bit larger / more voluminous so as to accommodate the WindPact pads – as such, the EvoShield can fit up to a size 8 hat size. The Pro-Stock can only do 7-5/8s, if that. And that's a tight squeeze, further aggravated because umpires are expected to take their masks on-and-off-and-on-and-off-and-on-and-off so freakin' much! 

Notice I didn't list the Force3 Defender HSM... it's not that it isn't a serviceable unit – it is! It's that its origin story is burdened by having to jury-rig the Force3 suspension springs onto an already-NOCSAE-approved shell (the V1), and due to this, the resulting fit never felt right or comfortable. This was remedied in V2, but here again, the unit becomes exceptionally heavy. This doesn't really affect adult professional catchers (or most physically fit amateurs, such as premier HS or College), but it does affect youth amateurs and umpires... who again, have a propensity for taking the HSM off-and-on far, far too much. 

* - Oh, and please pardon the photos... This was taken during the sh!tshow that was 2020, and it was inside a ... 🤨 ... sporting goods retailer who I will not be visiting again until they rescind on their policies. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Check out pic’s!!!! Evoshield HSM, navy blue and grey. I got it for a great price willing to sell for a great price, looking for around 2 and a quarter. But if anybody is interested I’m willing to talk about the price never used tag still attached everything brand-new comes with Evoshield bag case (it’s more of a draw string pillow case if you ask me, but the draw string pillow bag, is besides the point. lol) for protection while in bag with other equipment, Lmk Umps!

Ump,

Nick

6282D284-EC7A-4071-8810-5932197C33B9.jpeg

16D42640-29B0-4151-AFB3-A1228A999C09.jpeg

E2506AD7-22E1-4C1C-A3EC-9FDC92300D85.jpeg

86401018-2AE5-489B-9981-C8FD5FDC717A.jpeg

FAFC142D-9198-4452-92A9-79082B136ED5.jpeg

D75B5ECD-C2A7-4590-9297-408DA9F7BC53.jpeg

127FE348-D541-4C88-B246-441498E3CBC4.jpeg

219DC864-6C49-4769-9AC5-23497861A699.jpeg

2DDCABB9-7BB0-4F56-A732-E9FFA407ECCF.jpeg

371D1423-8B0F-4C59-9781-F9BD166D0C8D.jpeg

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, MadMax said:

Ahem-heh-hemmmm... 

You're unable to find a silver DynAlum for sale? You don't say... Huh! I happen to have one right here, and as everyone on U-E is aware, I'm no fanboy of Wilson. 

I can even do you one better. This isn't just a stock silver DynAlum... this is V1 DynAlum (with rounded ear guards instead of the recent angular ones), and it was custom re-coated by MaskIt in bright "BMW" silver. I would sell it to you as frame-only at one price-point, or with brand-new Wilson MemFoam pads and a harness (I might have a harness lying around... I'll have to dig) at a slightly higher price-point. 

PM me if interested. 

Pic’s? I’d love to see the BMW silver look? Seems intriguing! 
 

Ump,

Nick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/16/2022 at 8:48 AM, Thunderheads said:

Doesn't look bad, but ...... I don't get it?  Why navy?

I totally understand what you’re saying about the why Navy? A lil different, but it must have something to do with, going back to the old school way, although I personally prefer it and would rather be called that instead of Sir or Ump! Gotta hav something to do with the old school way! But still don’t ever mind hearing (Excuse me, “Blue” what we got 3n2? Lol, ya’ll get it!

Ump,

Nick

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/14/2022 at 12:25 PM, MadMax said:

This is Mask #2 in my arsenal, a Wilson DynAlum:
madmask_wilson_dynalum_silver-black.jpg.60d5e3dd20fe33cc12224b4a306a91d6.jpg

This isn't any run-of-the-mill DynaLite Aluminum. It's a V1, so it still has the rounded ear guards (instead of the angled ear guards indicative of V2). @wolfe_man supplied me this one while I was on the summer circuit, and my other DynAlum broke (bent and sheared it). After the season, I sent it off to Tony at MaskIt, hoping to get recoated in Sky Blue Metallic. However, he misread the request, and did it in Bright Aluminum, which actually is even better than the original. With the powdercoating, it doesn't fade or show the impact marks at all. 

This is outfitted with black Team Wendy's, an UmpLife "Headhugger" V2 harness, and a Markwort rainbow-blue sun visor.

Sharp! 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/10/2021 at 7:30 PM, Stk004 said:

I haven't posted here in a little while so here's my current rotation. From left to right: 

Mizuno Titanium with tan Team Wendy pads and a Belgard harness. 

Force 3 HSM with Samurai Gears throat guard. 

Black All-Star magnesium with the deerskin pads. Belgard harness as well.

Both traditional masks also have a black Gerry Davis con-cushion. I have another Samurai Gears TG that I put on the traditional masks, depending on which one I'm using. 

131455972_Masks1.jpg.dc94fed3233e4b693e37b3912eacc4e3.jpg996698749_Masks2.jpg.1d94bb7219027901eee8df2cb975e196.jpg

I like the sty!!!!! (Style for older Ump) lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ump Nick said:

Check out pic’s!!!! Evoshield HSM, navy blue and grey. I got it for a great price willing to sell for a great price, looking for around 2 and a quarter. But if anybody is interested I’m willing to talk about the price never used tag still attached everything brand-new comes with Evoshield bag case (it’s more of a draw string pillow case if you ask me, but the draw string pillow bag, is besides the point. lol) for protection while in bag with other equipment, Lmk Umps!

Ump,

Nick

6282D284-EC7A-4071-8810-5932197C33B9.jpeg

16D42640-29B0-4151-AFB3-A1228A999C09.jpeg

E2506AD7-22E1-4C1C-A3EC-9FDC92300D85.jpeg

86401018-2AE5-489B-9981-C8FD5FDC717A.jpeg

FAFC142D-9198-4452-92A9-79082B136ED5.jpeg

D75B5ECD-C2A7-4590-9297-408DA9F7BC53.jpeg

127FE348-D541-4C88-B246-441498E3CBC4.jpeg

219DC864-6C49-4769-9AC5-23497861A699.jpeg

2DDCABB9-7BB0-4F56-A732-E9FFA407ECCF.jpeg

371D1423-8B0F-4C59-9781-F9BD166D0C8D.jpeg

I recommend moving this to the For Sale section if you are serious about trying to sell. It will 1 million percent get lost in the shuffle of this thread.

@Thunderheadsthink you can help him out here?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ump Nick said:

Evoshield HSM, navy blue and grey. I got it for a great price willing to sell for a great price, looking for around 2 and a quarter. But if anybody is interested I’m willing to talk about the price never used tag still attached everything brand-new

Yeah, it’s perfect for any umpires working in… say… Virginia, Indiana, or Ohio. 

Ooh! I nearly forgot! Michigan😈 

Don’t glare at me like that, Jeff. 

3 hours ago, Ump Nick said:

Pic’s? I’d love to see the BMW silver look? Seems intriguing!

Heh, you found ‘em faster and easier than I could. 

2 hours ago, Ump Nick said:

I like the sty!!!!! (Style for older Ump) lol

It’s okay… @Stk004 speaks that lingo… he’s far from an “older Ump” 👨🏼‍🦳

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 9/15/2022 at 11:10 AM, MadMax said:

Yeah, it’s perfect for any umpires working in… say… Virginia, Indiana, or Ohio. 

Ooh! I nearly forgot! Michigan😈 

Don’t glare at me like that, Jeff. 

Heh, you found ‘em faster and easier than I could. 

It’s okay… @Stk004 speaks that lingo… he’s far from an “older Ump” 👨🏼‍🦳

Well I guess it all depends on ability and experience. I mean I kno the lingo bc I’m a baseball head! But @Stk004 is too young. I been doing it for 21 years now and I’m still considered “far from an “older Ump”” lol he’s a baby! No Mal. Intent lol 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Back to mask-o-graphic photos!

madmask_rmpg_sky.jpg.ecfb4740b81889b612f8a78c0b3a6a6d.jpg

There it is. Mission accomplished. I can definitively state, hand on heart, I have obtained and worn the best mask pads on the market yet to date. And this is coming from an umpire who is a sworn promoter and apologist for Team Wendy's 'til death. 

The mask is a Champro Rampage Magnesium, PC'd by MaskIt in Sky Blue Metallic, with the EvoShield WindPact CC pads and an UmpLife "Headhugger" V2 harness. I actually considered putting an All-Star Magnesium Sun Visor in this rig, until I discovered that the fit between a 4-stitch and this Rampage frame is so near-perfect, you wouldn't even see the visor (or, like, it wouldn't have any effect other than vanity). I'm not that vain. 

Game. Set. Match. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, MadMax said:

Back to mask-o-graphic photos!

madmask_rmpg_sky.jpg.ecfb4740b81889b612f8a78c0b3a6a6d.jpg

There it is. Mission accomplished. I can definitively state, hand on heart, I have obtained and worn the best mask pads on the market yet to date. And this is coming from an umpire who is a sworn promoter and apologist for Team Wendy's 'til death. 

The mask is a Champro Rampage Magnesium, PC'd by MaskIt in Sky Blue Metallic, with the EvoShield WindPact CC pads and an UmpLife "Headhugger" V2 harness. I actually considered putting an All-Star Magnesium Sun Visor in this rig, until I discovered that the fit between a 4-stitch and this Rampage frame is so near-perfect, you wouldn't even see the visor (or, like, it wouldn't have any effect other than vanity). I'm not that vain. 

Game. Set. Match. 

I love that shade of blue!

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, MadMax said:

Back to mask-o-graphic photos!

madmask_rmpg_sky.jpg.ecfb4740b81889b612f8a78c0b3a6a6d.jpg

There it is. Mission accomplished. I can definitively state, hand on heart, I have obtained and worn the best mask pads on the market yet to date. And this is coming from an umpire who is a sworn promoter and apologist for Team Wendy's 'til death. 

The mask is a Champro Rampage Magnesium, PC'd by MaskIt in Sky Blue Metallic, with the EvoShield WindPact CC pads and an UmpLife "Headhugger" V2 harness. I actually considered putting an All-Star Magnesium Sun Visor in this rig, until I discovered that the fit between a 4-stitch and this Rampage frame is so near-perfect, you wouldn't even see the visor (or, like, it wouldn't have any effect other than vanity). I'm not that vain. 

Game. Set. Match. 

Stop the madness.  Looks great.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MadMax said:

Back to mask-o-graphic photos!

madmask_rmpg_sky.jpg.ecfb4740b81889b612f8a78c0b3a6a6d.jpg

There it is. Mission accomplished. I can definitively state, hand on heart, I have obtained and worn the best mask pads on the market yet to date. And this is coming from an umpire who is a sworn promoter and apologist for Team Wendy's 'til death. 

The mask is a Champro Rampage Magnesium, PC'd by MaskIt in Sky Blue Metallic, with the EvoShield WindPact CC pads and an UmpLife "Headhugger" V2 harness. I actually considered putting an All-Star Magnesium Sun Visor in this rig, until I discovered that the fit between a 4-stitch and this Rampage frame is so near-perfect, you wouldn't even see the visor (or, like, it wouldn't have any effect other than vanity). I'm not that vain. 

Game. Set. Match. 

This is an extremely interesting look! The blue is very sharp! But does it bother anyone else that windpack cc pads fit perfectly with the Evoshield cage but looks very unorthodox, with anything else! They are set up for the evo cage and they fit like they should, but does anybody else think the wind pack pads with out the Evo cage seem to look like you’re putting random couch cushions on the brand new couch you just bought an even though it’s very comfortable it just doesn’t look right! But to him his own and if it is the protection you looking for then I got no gripes about that. It is the most important thing, But on the other hand I am that vain lol and the look for me has to be on point and if not, gotta be perfectly customized to my liking!!!
 

p.s. Who cares if you can’t see it lol put that visor on, if vanity is all it is, I say that’s enough!!! Lol Sick mask bro!!! Either way!

Ump

Nick

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...