Base Shoes

dl1340
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3289 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the market for a new pair of base shoes. What do most of you wear.

Can't go wrong with the Reeboks. For me the NB's are too Stiff and uncomfortable

Sorry this was meant for the Plate Shoes!Should have read more carefully.

Edited by JaxRolo

I used the 995's 2 years ago...will never use again. They are Hard and uncomfortable. Used Under Armour 's last season...will be able to start the season with the same shoe...and that is saying something. I used these shoes for high school, babe ruth, usssa, men's league and a 31 game football schedule! The outsoles are in fantastic shape but the insides are starting to wear on the heel...

http://www.baseballsavings.com/customer/category/product.jsp/SUBCATEGORY_ID/6919/refScid/1100/sattr0/Gender/sattrVal0/mens/sattr1/Type/sattrVal1/turf+shoes

Here is the model...only I purchased them in black...for obvious reasons.

I really like the Under Armor turf shoes. In fact, I'm wearing them in the office right now. Very comfortable.

I've got the older Reebok, all leather, mid tops. Nice also.

The newer Reeboks, with the flap over the laces, are not as nice.

I gave away my NB 350, which aren't bad, just not up to the other ones.

I have a pair of black Adidas Climacool tennis shoes for blazing days, when your feet are onfire.

I really like the Under Armor turf shoes. In fact, I'm wearing them in the office right now. Very comfortable.

I've got the older Reebok, all leather, mid tops. Nice also.

The newer Reeboks, with the flap over the laces, are not as nice.

I gave away my NB 350, which aren't bad, just not up to the other ones.

I have a pair of black Adidsa Climacool tennis shoes for blazing days, when your feet are onfire.

*laughs evily*

I've been plugging those for two years; good to see they're getting repped more often.

I say it depends on what time of year and what type of fields you call on. I have several different shoes that I wear on the bases.

If I am calling High school ball I have to have something that is primarily black so I go with these:

Nike air max 2009 leather and the Reebok Zig returns:

imagesqtbnANd9GcQcMe0In680Z6hxpCalbrsJnfimagesqtbnANd9GcQX5pZV-kzCsf8cDgWHQ9d9cs

For College baseball we are required to wear Reebok and I have 2 pair that I wear:

The standard Reebok magistratesand the Reebok Zig Vero's Trainers

imagesqtbnANd9GcReIx7VsKZoPRxD5n5dKcdAOMimagesqtbnANd9GcTSV3cz8iZssmT06JsYtct7wU

In the Summer Month's I wear a base shoe that has more of a mesh upper to help my feet breath:

Nike Air Max 2010:

imagesqtbnANd9GcS9U-STNTN-DqzBjw30zJ2Dde

For College baseball we are required to wear Reebok and I have 2 pair that I wear:

Please tell me this isn't some sort of sponsorship reason? If so, do you get a good deal on them?

Just what our association/conference coordinator wants us to wear. However New Balance is an option this year for plate and base shoes in addition to the reeboks.

This thread led me to buy these the Reebok Zig Trainer that was pictured earlier. They were a hard shoe to find. Everyone was out of the black w/white color combination. Found one pair in my size on Ebay. I can't wait to give them a whirl in some HS tournaments this weekend. The Air Maxs look neat as well, but they were a little pricier than the zigs, so for now I will go with the zigs...if they feel as good as they look it is going to be happy umpiring for me.

I still use my Mizunos. They are really too heavy. But they feel nice. Problem is after a while my feet will start to ache, if its a barn-burner, and Im running alot.

Im a mizuno wave trainer guy myself.....but I have to upsize to one half size to fit properly......

wear 9 in everything.....but mizunos.......9.5 t fit right