When does your season start?

Hemibee
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 5574 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm friggin chomping at the bit....

"Not soon enough"...........

I with you both. We have our first meeting towards the end on this month and a clinic at the beginning of Feb. The college guys will start in Feb. I'll probably staty getting my first AAU games in early March and HS. mid March.

Let's see....

My association had its winter meeting in December before the holidays.

I'll be attending the NCAA meeting in Chicago in January, the Bruce Doane clinic in February, my association's spring clinic/IHSA clinic on March 1, and my first game is scheduled for March 28. I would guess around 50% odds of the March 28 game being played.

JM

Tonight's the night. It's gonna be alright. (Rod Stewart)

Tonight, tonight,tonight, yeaaaaa! Gonna make it right, tonight, tonight, yeaaa! (Phil Collins)

CKUA (High School association) meets tonight for the first 2009 meeting/training.

NCAA Clinics-Atlanta 1/17, Chicago 1/24

HS Clinics-State Rules on 1/28 or 2/9, State Approved Camp on 2/28, Wendelstedt Mobile Training Team Clinic on 3/8

College First game on 2/14 (weather permitting)

College intrasquad scrimmages (TBD-last week of January/first week of February)

Tripp Gibson, a good (western) Kentucky boy and a respected/acclaimed minor league umpire, with a reputation as a very good instructor at Wendelstedt School and a couple or three other Wendelstedt School instructors/graduates are hosting a clinic in Owensboro, Kentucky on 3/8-9/09 for only $50. Focus is on high school and amateur umpire improvement. Wendelstedt School's website mentions clinic assistance. I guess this is one of them. A good friend of mine who graduated from Wendelstedt last year but did not make PBUC is back there this year working for a professional slot/gig. He is one of the assistants for the young Mr. Gibson. That's how I know about it. There is a flyer but I am at work and must wait until I get home to quote or forward. Let me know if you want to see the flyer. need your e-mail.

The Mobile Training Team terminology is my wording-23 years of Army service. In my unit we did MTT's all the time. Go somewhere and train somebody how to do something. Usually killing and maiming, er, I mean self-defense or something like that. This is a better deal.

I plan on attending unless I have college games that weekend (still waiting on my schedule-a couple of NAIA schools we work changed their schedules and it is messing up the whole works.)

Edited by Majordave

Wendelstedt Mobile Training Team Clinic on 3/8

The The Wendelstedt Umpire School 2009 Clinic is on their website, but doesn't mention all the locations. Judging by the stars on the map it looks like there is one possibly in Myrtle Beach. I've been checking regularly for updates.

Our HS meetings start the beginning of February here in Boise, then the HS season starts the first week of March, Babe Ruth the first week of April, Adult Leagues the first week of May, Legion the end of May, beginning of June, tournament season starts the beginning of June and goes through August, then it's Adult Leagues through October.

Is it January already????

The The Wendelstedt Umpire School 2009 Clinic is on their website, but doesn't mention all the locations. Judging by the stars on the map it looks like there is one possibly in Myrtle Beach. I've been checking regularly for updates.

There's one in Norman, OK too I've got my eye on. A four hour drive is chump change considering how far away these clinics usually are for me.

January 3rd when I went to the NCAA meeting in San Diego. OR, in literal terms... just over 12 hrs from the time of this post in my first plate game.

Then next saturday I get to attend a scrimmage where a bunch of assignors and evaluators from the area will be and then officially start my regular season on the 31st.

Hip hip... hurray!