more Ebay ... a UE!

Thunderheads

$180 Free Shipping not a bad deal.

calculated shipping from Chicopee, Mass. And this is Saraboo43's only item for sale on ebay. Wonder why Jason wouldn't take it back? Maybe it's monogrammed.

Ok, someone fess up....

$180 Free Shipping not a bad deal.

calculated shipping from Chicopee, Mass. And this is Saraboo43's only item for sale on ebay. Wonder why Jason wouldn't take it back? Maybe it's monogrammed.

Ok, someone fess up....

Monogrammed ? It's a CP ! What difference would that make, unless the purchaser was a Smitty who wore it OVER his shirt ? And really, if that was the case, that Smitty isn't gonna pony up that kind of coin for a CP.

Was at an umpire camp this last weekend. Friend had the Unequal CP. Other friend put it on and was punched (just a hard atta-boy punch) by someone. He felt it. Doesn't seem like a good endorsement.

Maybe you can feel it but it doesn't do damage...I dunno. More than likely it simply needs hard plastic shells to not absorb as much, regardless of the kevlar.

I agree not a good endorsement.I saw my first one two weeks ago and it doesnt look like it can absorb the impact of 90mph fastball. And i dont get what is all the fuss with redoing ur hardshell wtih team wendy padding inside. For the cost and having supposingly replace the paidding yearly not a good deal. Anybody that has any west vest hard shell chest protector knows the protection is the best and really dont need to spend the extra cost for team wendy padding. Jus my two cents worth

I agree not a good endorsement.I saw my first one two weeks ago and it doesnt look like it can absorb the impact of 90mph fastball. And i dont get what is all the fuss with redoing ur hardshell wtih team wendy padding inside. For the cost and having supposingly replace the paidding yearly not a good deal. Anybody that has any west vest hard shell chest protector knows the protection is the best and really dont need to spend the extra cost for team wendy padding. Jus my two cents worth

For me it's not moding for the sake of moding. I agree that the West Vest line of protectors provide outstanding protection. However the padding is quite bulky. Most who use these protectors will tell you that they require a plate shirt and a base shirt to wear these protectors. That may be fine for some, but for guys who work in multiple conferences or multiple leagues, that means double the amount of uniforms. For conference guys shirts after you get them all logo'ed, patched, and numbered up, they can push 50-60 dollars. Now factor in being in multiple conferences (Which is not uncommon) Now you are buying 3-4 different sets of uniforms.

A smaller profile chest protector eliminates the need to have to purchase that extra shirt or two. As far as the TW retrofit, it transforms the bulky west vest into a sleek form fitting protector that is probably more effective than with the stock padding that is 3 times thicker. So for me its totally worth the extra coin to protect my heart without compromising my appearance while in uniform. I wouldn't buy into that 1 year replacement recommendation. That padding will last longer than the stock padding in my opinion.

• Like 1

For me it's not moding for the sake of moding. I agree that the West Vest line of protectors provide outstanding protection. However the padding is quite bulky. Most who use these protectors will tell you that they require a plate shirt and a base shirt to wear these protectors. That may be fine for some, but for guys who work in multiple conferences or multiple leagues, that means double the amount of uniforms. For conference guys shirts after you get them all logo'ed, patched, and numbered up, they can push 50-60 dollars. Now factor in being in multiple conferences (Which is not uncommon) Now you are buying 3-4 different sets of uniforms.

A smaller profile chest protector eliminates the need to have to purchase that extra shirt or two. As far as the TW retrofit, it transforms the bulky west vest into a sleek form fitting protector that is probably more effective than with the stock padding that is 3 times thicker. So for me its totally worth the extra coin to protect my heart without compromising my appearance while in uniform. I wouldn't buy into that 1 year replacement recommendation. That padding will last longer than the stock padding in my opinion.

Agree Fitts...they're just covering themselves by recommending replacement annually.

I think this must be somebody associated with Unequal, they are now selling another, how would somebody have 2 this early out after you guys waited so long?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Unequal-Technologies-Umpire-Chest-Protector-/180989091734?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a23ca5f96

The description says new, unused and unworn so it shouldn't be a returned item.

I'm looking at new CPs as I transition into higher level ball, but not interested in the unequal chest protector as I haven't seen anybody say that this is the best thing ever.