Rapuano/Team Wendy/Riddell Power

FranklinT
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 3887 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

I like this. If team wendy would go main stream with this and offer this kind of padding or would do this service if you send them in to them I would send my gear in

They do. Check out their facebook page or contact them. They offer padding replacement for the Power. Ive noticed a few MLB guys wearing a Power with the black TW padding but I do know TW does that, anyway.

This is from Team Wendy's facebook page...

Team Wendy']Thanks for the interest. Here's an update from one of our engineers: We can retro fit some models of chest protectors. If you have an old Ridell or a Wilson chest protector we can replace the existing padding and covering with a more energy absorbing foam covered with a mesh fabric towards the body and a water repellant fabric towards the shell.

We have only experimented with the leg guards and more engineering work is needed.

It seems to me that everyone loves this Team Wendy stuff. My point is, if it is truly all that, why aren't Wilson/Nike et al not paying for their product to use during manufacturing. Might cost US more, but seems to me it would be a grand slam and huge win for safety of umps/officials and maybe even in football helmets etc., etc.

It seems to me that everyone loves this Team Wendy stuff. My point is, if it is truly all that, why aren't Wilson/Nike et al not paying for their product to use during manufacturing. Might cost US more, but seems to me it would be a grand slam and huge win for safety of umps/officials and maybe even in football helmets etc., etc.

Probably the same reason that BMW doesn't use Mercedes parts even if they're better.

(I don't know if they actually do or not, but you get my point)

they are in FB helmets.

Probably the same reason that BMW doesn't use Mercedes parts even if they're better.

(I don't know if they actually do or not, but you get my point)

OK, but we are not talking to cars, and we aren't talking masks, we are talking the padding that goes into them. Like Mercedes and BMW use the same seat maker(which they do BTW).

The Mercedes seat has better leather around the foam.

Anyway, I now know it is part of football helmets. I hope it is part of all our safety impact gear soon.