Jim Evans umpire academy files antitrust lawsuit against minor league baseball - Washington Post

Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4251 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

Jim Evans umpire academy files antitrust lawsuit against minor league baseball

Washington Post

NEW YORK — A training academy owned by a former American League umpire filed an antitrust lawsuit against minor league baseball and its umpiring company Tuesday, claiming allegations of a racist bowling party were used as a pretext to revoke its ...

and more »

View the full article

Jimmy says noone has signed up for 2013 camp. Wonder why? Even if MiLB does lose the case, they won't hire anyone from JEUA, and if I were gonna try for PBUC, I would avoid them like the plague. You can stille learn alot, but it won't get you hired anymore. IMO.

I dunno, sounds like a specious argument to make a case on anti-trust grounds. If he wins, then MiLB would be *required* to take Evans grads? And how many? How could it be enforceable? When there's only one customer for your product, how can you make them purchase it? Is Evans trying to argue that MiLB has no right to insource the training of its employees?

• Like 1