/Webcast Scheduled Tuesday 8/14 @ 10:00 PM Eastern

Umpire in Chief
Umpire-Empire locks topics which have not been active in the last year. The thread you are viewing hasn't been active in 4154 days so you will not be able to post. We do recommend you starting a new topic to find out what's new in the world of umpiring.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To be completely honest It was me blothiating for about an hour. Nobody called in :crybaby2:

We had a lot of viewers at times, we maxed out at about 23, then had 0 for a few minuets at a time, but I kept going. All total over the course of the hour we had 183 viewers. Now I don't know if these were unique viewers or not.

I'll develop an agenda of about 5 items.

My broad categories are:

• Mechanics
  • Rules
  • Equipment
  • Current events

I'll come up with specifics for each and will be open to suggestions as well. SO post any suggestions here.

I thought it was going fine! Technical difficulties will get worked out with experience with the webcast technology. It was only your 2nd go at it!

As a suggestion for next time - you know how on some holidays or special events you will add a banner to the homepage? Would it be possible to add one just before it starts that says: "Live webcast airing now! Come join us!" with a link (or something like that)? I think some people simply forget about it. Then they come to the site during the webcast and just check the new content, see none, and leave... With the banner, they would be reminded instantly and could join right away.

As soon as people will start calling in, this thing will get awesome!!

I had audio/video and I saw the clips you showed on plays at the plate...well, I saw two of them.

I commented on chat, but I think I remember reading that you have to be a member of the audio/video site to participate.

That might be why people are reluctant to participate is that they don't know all of the steps needed to engage in the discussion.

Here's how I have it set up right now...

My primary laptop to run the justin.tv webcast and google voice to send/receive calls which can be heard on the webcast.

Laptop # 2 runs my email in case somebody wants to send an email question.

Laptop #3 is for me to watch the webcast and see what you would see.

As I mentioned at the top of the broadcast, once I get everything running I minimize Justin.tv so I don't see the real time stats and even think about how many people are or are/not watching at that moment. In Webcast #1 I was just watching that counter and it hindered my presentation a bit as I'd get excited as it was getting into the 20's and was worried when it would hit 0.

I'm thinking I am going to save my pennies and dimes and get a new desktop with 2-3 monitors so I can not have everything so complex.

I had audio/video and I saw the clips you showed on plays at the plate...well, I saw two of them.

I commented on chat, but I think I remember reading that you have to be a member of the audio/video site to participate.

That might be why people are reluctant to participate is that they don't know all of the steps needed to engage in the discussion.

Very true I might do a video how to. because it could be confusing.